Please Review my website!

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Sahil, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have started out a Sports blog before 4 months and it is growing quickly now. I would like to have your views & opinions on this site. Mainly I would like to review for this factors:-

• Design
    • Load Speed
    • Content

Also I would like to know that which of this posts is better - Post 1 & Post 2

Thanks and I do appreciate you guys putting your valuable opinions on my site.

2. broink

broink
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Design: Is simple, but the first thing i see is the central ad...I know this is good for business, but it make me leave the page.
    And I think a mascot beside the page title it will bring some colors in the page.
    Load speed: Fast.
    Content: Here, in the picture, is Adrian Mutu, witch is a Romanian football player, not albanian?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, the central ad seems to a bit annoying but it is earning me the most currently. It has a good CTR of 5% and I feel not to remove that. Do you have other suggestion for that?

I am hosted on a Liteweb speed server & also using a CDN so it works perfectly for me.

Actually, I don't give much importance to the pictures sometimes. Besides, that picture is of Romania vs France match which got draw last month.

4. broink

broink
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you move the ad below google search? As a suggestion.
    The title of the post is "France vs Albania", that was my problem :).
    Good luck.

5. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had tried this earlier but the problem is then the click rate goes down to 0.4% and the earnings would get lowered down like anything.

Yeah, but actually I don't mind posting other matches pictures until there is one team in it which is playing in the match.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and review much appreciated. :)

6. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have some good quality content there and your loading speed is amazing. The design is not too much to my liking because I personally feel that sports blogs or websites should have exciting themes. I also think there should be some type of a slider showing different sports headlines. Other than that, good job on your site and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's too plain. There isn't a custom logo, which I would change.
    Your visitors are faced with three different advertisements as soon as they visit your site.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I am looking on for new themes. And if not found any good ones then I would need to code it myself. I have worked a load on the speedy loading of the site. That is one of the reasons why the website is with simple design.

I have decided to keep a plain theme as because I think that would make my site look good and content would come out easily. I am still deciding on the logo and would be updating it soon.

Thanks for your valuable opinions and reviews, I do appreciate them a lot.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Don't lose sight of the purpose of the blog - It's called a sports blog for a reason. Therefore, visitors will expect to see articles about sports and sporting events. If your purpose is to promote your service, you can write a blog to do that.

There is nothing wrong with monetizing a blog, there are plenty of people who do that. The monetization, however, should not be, or appear to be, the main purpose of the blog.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good suggestion Joseph. I surely did lose my sight and just concentrated on the monetization factor the most. I am right now looking up for a better theme which would suit my blog and also which will be good for SEO. I would surely don't wish to lose my rankings after changing the theme, so I am being careful here.

Do you have any suggestion for a wordpress theme in your mind which suits my blog? Any kind of theme would work best whether it's premium or free. I am just looking for a good solution right now.

11. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

12. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for that. I would surely check that out. I am ok with premium themes and the price does not matter to me right now as I am looking for something which has got good quality.

13. sebastian

sebastian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the load speed is great, the content is good too and the theme is easy to use and clutter free. I dont think you should have to much moving graphics and the like, just a slick header. Good Job

• Like Like x 2
  14. finejewellerys

finejewellerys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everything seems okay for your site.But i do think if you remove the header line ads or change it to the left bar,thus,your whole page stretch will looks neat and acceptable.if you could upload a header logo below your title.It will looks more attractive.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The theme is custom designed by me. I have worked much on the optimization of the speed load. With moving graphics you mean to say those image ads? Or are you referring to anything else?

Thanks for the review & suggestions.

The logo is currently in progress. I have assigned this to a designer and he is working on it. I think that would make my header look good. Do you have any other suggestions then that? I will always appreciate. :)

Thank you for the review and suggestions.

16. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Design - is good, I immediately thought professional and quality. Main thing I didn't like is the flashing ads - very off putting and distracting.
    Load Speed - fine, no worries here in Australia with wi fi.
    Content - Go easy on the full color flashing banners when the rest of the site is so understated.

Overall is in the better half of websites i have seen. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, I am trying out something new with it. I have rested Adsense off my site and now trying something new. Let's see it works off or not. I will put those banners off within few days, how the experiment works.

Thanks a lot for your review. I really appreciate that.

Sahil

18. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say you need more pictures and the odd video as teasers to encourage visitors to read the full articles, being faced with a screen full of typing can be quite off putting, I hate to see an advert at the top of the page too, I would rather see an attention grabbing headline

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where do you prefer to see the ads as an visitor? I am looking to improve that factor currently as many people are complaining about it. Can you suggest something for the ad placements how do you prefer on the sites?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions & tips, I would surely take them into considerations.

20. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well out of the immediate eyeline when the site opens, on the RH sidebar is a good place as English is read left to right, so the eye always ends up there, try not to have too many flashing, they are a turn off for me, very distracting, when you are trying to read something else

• Like Like x 1