Please review my site

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by umerseo, Aug 12, 2012.

1. umerseo

umerseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

#1 umerseo, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm closing this, because there is no site on that domain. If you add a site and want it reviewed in the future please let me know and we can open it again.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Re-opening by request as the domain name has been corrected and the site is now open.

4. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey. let's go!
    1. Design
    1.1 The logo has too much blank white space up and above, you might want to minimze this blank space, it will make the social button on the right look better too.
    1.2 ENORMOUS white space right to the logo. Why? It's empty bad-looking space.
    2. User-friendly issues
    2.1 The first search bar, where you you say i.e. Sales is not user-friendly. I don't really understand what should i use this search form for. Replace the i.e Sales with "Type here what you are looking for! i.e. Sales, Bars etc." Something catchy for the user.
    3. Ad placement
    3.1 While the classic ad spots (right sidebar, before and after the search bar) are OK, the ad line(those one line adsense text ads) you have putted in the bottom of the website are worthless. It's a weak spot.
    3.2 What is more, i don't really believe that there is any serious advertiser that would like to advertise in the BOTTOM of your website. 90% of user will not scroll so much down and you actually offer the SEARCH OPTION. If you want a sincere advice, don't be greedy, remove those ad banners(at least from the index).
    3.3 If you still want to keep them, keep in mind you offer 10 ad spots next to each other. Too much competition, serious advertisers(the ones with the big budget) are not interested in ad spots with so much click competition.
    4. SEO
    4.1 I don;t have anything to mention right now, it's too early.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ocean Archer

Ocean Archer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My only issues are with the large amount of white space on the top next to the logo. a lot of wasted space.

otherwise, nice looking site.

6. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The graphics in whole website is so scary.I am sorry to say this but it is fact.The icons used for different sections are blurrr...and you need to work more to give good design as the website only looks like a blog.

7. alicefinch

alicefinch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can hide the ad places at the bottom temporarily as they have negative on user experiece. :)

8. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah your website is great for classified posting. Thanks

9. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not a bad design though the absolute first thing I would change is, if the license agreement allows it, remove the OSClass link on the bottom. That's just not good for your business as you're telling everyone exactly how they can make their own website like yours.

I'd also get rid of the bottom ads. Right now I get the impression that the entire point of the website is to make a quick buck because you have so many ads. I could be entirely wrong, and I hope I am, but that's the feeling. Not many people are going to buy ads all the way on the bottom, not many people are going to look at them, and it's just going to increase the loading time on the site.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KBoo

KBoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same as others have said. The large blank area at the top makes it look like the site is not finished or there is something missing. Maybe a line about what you are or a slogan??
    The categories are clear which is good.
    Advertising at the bottom of the page?? I can't imagine that working too well.

Good luck with it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've just noticed that clicking the "Advertise Here 188 x 100" brings the visitor to a web page that appears to have no relevance to buying that ad space. You should probably link those blocks to your "Contact" page or another page that gives details on your ad slots and how to purchase them.

12. angeliawilliams

angeliawilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I review your website and like it. It is so nicely designed website and all function of your website working well. But I think you must remove some white space after your logo.

13. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A new logo would be good. Also, you should fill that blank space next to the logo.

14. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a nice site and really helpful for posting ads for different type of business.One thing i didn't get that you wrote Pakistan classifieds in the title, what this title tells?