Please review my site - I need your help

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Tecknowoman, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

http://www.insynrg.com

I am the worst at following my own advice... My site was originally really ugly so I focused on making it look nicer but kinda forgot about the who, what and why.

Knowing it needs a lot of work I just submitted it for a site review with a copywriter who was pretty harsh. However I'd love to know what people in business actually think or feel or would want to see.

I agree with much of his advice but I think I need to get some advice from my market!!

I have some ideas but would really appreciate your insights. Thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your site is extremely well presented and professional in appearance. I'm not sure that your slogan "Business advice at your fingertips" is a good fit with the purpose of your site. Your services are focused around the areas of SEO and online marketing. That slogan could suggest something else to first time visitors.

Another comment I would make is that the site appearance seems to change when you move from the homepage to an internal page. I realise that the header and left navigation remain the same, however the lack of the photo and cork graphics in the internal pages, almost gives the impression that you have clicked through to a different site.

3. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal would the tag "Online Marketing Help is at Hand" make more sense?

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I kinda liked how the site looked. It's really impressive. The graphics and overall first impression.
    I'm just wondering if you can blend your site's logo with its background to make it one with the site.

The only thing that kinda bothers me is the scrolling article below the navbar (honestly, I don't know what it is called). Can it go on the first article without going backwards? I mean, can it go directly on the first page after I click the next arrow on the last page without the image rolling in backwards (to the left).

5. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2 things I would change:
    -the banner: it should blend in with the backgound, or at least show minimal contrasting of backgrounds.
    -the font: the use of Times New Roman isn't good when it comes to the site's overall design. It makes it look plain regardless of what you have around it.

I like the design and the features though. Keep it up.

6. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK thank guys!

Anyone like to vote on a tagline now?

Online marketing help is at hand

More customers within your reach

Reaching greaterer profits online

Reach More Customers Online

Increase the Reach of Your Business

or if any creative soul has a great idea that ties the hand with online marketing adn speaks better to customers feel free to overwhelm me with your brilliance - because right now I'm not feeling overwhelmed by mine!

7. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good job, nothing flash and a clean design. One thing though, the last box on the bottom right is a bit longer than the others. I would put a fixed width div on all of those boxes so they are the same, or put them all in one big table.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love this one:

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not the most creative either but what about something as simple as "Online Marketing Services".

10. waez.tech

waez.tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

uneven box

Yeah I agree with you hcted, her website looks clean and professional but, there's uneven box on the bottom part, it's the first thing that I noticed when I opened the website. I like those colorful pins.

11. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Greaterer? You need a preefrooder. ;) I think you meant greater.

How about...drum roll please....

:D That's the best I could do in sixty seconds LOL. :) Will think on it some more.

In this first section:

Your Copy Writer (Copywriter is one word)

You need to choose one or the other here for product and services, either singular or plural in both cases. I think plural works better. If you go with singular, keep it at solves and meets, and change services to service.

You really need to be careful about typos. Especially when you're advertising for copywriting work. It has to be perfect.

I've not checked anymore because I'm heading out the door soon but I'll look at it more tomorrow. A quick glance tells me Your Free Guide on the main page needs to say on the front page teaser what it's a free guide to in the heading or the first sentence. Could be anything. Remember often people just skim the homepage to make a quick decision on whether to look closer.

#11 Kay, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  12. crivion

crivion
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's a bit too much gray, maybe some white wouldn't mind anyone
    There's a "read full article" button issue on Linux&Firefox, it's over the text.

13. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kay - I like that tag line and thanks those are all things I'm fixing! Don't worry about reviewing more till I've updated.

I've had this funny experience in that building my own site I did nothing for myself I would take a client through - I got trapped into my own just gotta get something up. A case of do as I say not as I do!

LOL maybe I can make my "fixes" an info product of their own!!

Cheers and thanks for your help.

14. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Glad you liked it! I was trying to incorporate Fergal's suggestion and the hand. And heck, I know what you mean about do as I say and not as I do. I'm guilty of that too. I think we get a bit blinded to the content of our own sites as well when we see it so often that we could recite it in our sleep. I've fixed typos of my own that were years old before I spotted them.

And I really liked the design, sorry I didn't say that first time around! Thought I did. :) If you want a second opinion on any particular part just let me know so I don't overlook it. I don't mind casting an eye over something before you update it either. Just PM me if you want me to so I don't miss it. :)

15. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kay you'll appreciate this... This morning I was talking with a prospective client and part of my qualifying and discussing his marketing etc I really pushed him about his USP, ESP, TSP and tonight LOL someone pushed me on those same things! I'm thinking somehow I need to turn "do as I say not as I do" into "Leads doesn't follow!" (just being silly)

However on site I have an idea which I'm posting here beacuse all insight is valuable.

I am going to change the strapline to the same as my biz card so next to the hand will read "working together to create new energy". I will extend the area to cover the same width as the boxes on site and include more of a header text with a pre headline "The thrill of success is within your (or easy) reach" and the headline "Simple online marketing solutions to own your market, make sales stress free, put you back in control and have fun doing it."

I know it's hard not seeing it but thoughts? Suggestions or otherwise?

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds positive and exciting, however it also makes me think of alternative energy producers. Will you also be looking at ways to ensure that the services you provide and their associated benefits, will be immediately obvious to first time visitors of your site?

17. Topnews123

Topnews123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your websites look goods. I think you done very good job.