Please Review My First Website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by LittleOne, Nov 26, 2013.

1. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started building this website a month ago and still have a ways to go.
    Right now I'm working on adding 80 videos up on the site(for every trick), and re-writing the trick tutorials.

If you see anything else that I need to work on, have any suggestions, or see anything wrong with the website let me know. This next month is going to be dedicated to getting the website ready for marketing.

The url to my website is www.TrickMyPup.org.

Thank you all in advance for your feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  2. austingriggs

austingriggs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really loved that. Awesome

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Use few javascript also

3. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok so use less java script (I think the only JavaScript I used was on the home page), thats only temporary until I can create a video intro.

Do you have any suggestions to make it better? Right now I'm trying to get it ready for my first marketing launch and I'm unsure when to start promoting it. My idea is to promote it after;
    1.) I have re-wrote at least 60 of the trick tutorials(SEO optimized, and more in depth)
    2.) I have pictures up for at least 75% of the tricks on the Basic, Easy, Moderate, and Hard sections
    3.) I have at least 20 trick tutorial videos up on the website.

Do you think that is enough? Or what else should I work on?

4. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Understand! As you decorate your home's drawing room to attract your visitors, your guest and want to hear compliments about your home decoration. Same! You need to first decorate your Home page as it is the first landing page of your website. You really need a lot of changes for your home page. So i can't comment

5. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing which I think your site is missing is the name of your site.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Being in the website marketing business myself, I zoomed in on your comment above about getting the site SEO optimized. You're going to need to do a keyword analyisis to find out which phrases dog owners are searching before doing any editing of the content, so you don't have to go back and edit in your phrases later. The reason to do it this way is to make sure the content sounds natural. You'll also want to change the Title Tags for each page to reflect the keywords and content for each page.

Magician661 has a point. A name and logo and the top of each page would make it look more professional. Take the name, "Trick My Pup", turn it into a logo, then add the words "Because Everyone Enjoys A Well Trained Dog" as a slogan underneath it. Then change the Title Tag as I suggested above.

#6 Joseph.Shivell, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello LittleOne, Your missing a Logo? People wouldn't know your site if you do that. Your missing a Contact US form too. Also, the Social Networking icons could be colorful than black. The Dog banner at top is small compared to your bottom Content Table length. I suggest you to keep some more contents too at your main page.

The background is good and the layouts too. If you fix things which members and I have mentioned, then your website will be good to go.

8. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there

I agree. The name of the site is missing and that should be changed. Also the images, while very cute, are large, so it pushes the content down. It's hard to tell what your site is about without scrolling down. Not everyone will do that. So it's important to convey the concept right away. A logo could help, but also, adding some of the content up higher will also help.

Good luck!

9. dir4uk

dir4uk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

site design good little bit issue with text color and his background color

10. vina

vina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks nice and simple . Which is good for me.
    I like floating facebook, youtube , twitter icon on your website too.

Nice work.!

11. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site design is very nice and attractive. Banner is today the most important thing of any site, Add banner to the site. It increase the attractiveness of your site.

12. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website is simply superb, great work you have done to design such a beautiful website with simple and great looks.

13. anglenasmith

anglenasmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No one will review your website if they have to become a member first.