Please review minisite DESIGN

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Azertyle, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys,

A while back I asked some of you to please review my minisite and I was really happy at the feedback I got, and for that I say thank you.
    I am having the whole site redesigned and I will appreciate it if you could offer me your GREAT feedback.

Here is the site :

If you landed on this site will you be willling to make the purchase? If not why not?
    What will you change?
    What will you add?
    Critique the design as much as possible guys.

Thanks

2. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey nice re-design compared to the previous one.

For me i will not buy because i am not interested in this type of stuff which promote ebooks and stuff.

What will i change? : The only thing i will change is the line which is in between the text zero. Putting the line below the text zero it better..
    I will also change the font for the part of "Proof It Works Click and Count the order from the first day"

Stock Photos: Why are you using stock photos? If you are going to use photos from google don't use stocks photos unless you are buying them. Are you?

What will i add? : Actually nothing much to be added.. but if you could create a logo and place it at your header it will be nice also.

3. sandiy

sandiy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes man the design it is verry good but make a verry good proof and more sites some like about us contact and a verry good testimoniar

#3 sandiy, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  4. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A huge improvement from the original design, so great job there. It's not too easy to comment on a 'site' when it's just an image for now, but I'll give my initial thoughts all the same.

Personally, no. But that's more to do with the actual premise behind the site you're providing guidance on, fiverr, rather than the product you're offering specifically. So not much you can do there to be honest. I'm simply just not part of your target market.

At the top of the page, the sun ray/cloud image is pushing valuable content below the fold while adding little in the way of aesthetic value. I'd remove that and push the top nav bar further towards the top of the page with simply a small padding area rather than an 'image' above it.

Between the image of the book and the sign up form there's a largish section of wasted space. This could certainly be better used to include a small piece of text/tag line to help encourage sales. If you could have a short and sharp testimonial there it would be ideal.

The 'next fiverr zero' section isn't keeping with the (new) professional feel of the rest of the page. It looks cheap and rushed in comparison. I'd rework the text to match the look of the rest of the page (and remove the cheesy sketches/images there) and redo the 'masking' of the information so that it looks a little smoother (e.g. blur the existing masking and keep the blocks looking more consistent in size)

The "Wait its not yet" is a little strange, given that you don't have a buy/sign up located again after that text. I'd remove it and replace it with a "what do you get?" or "The great benefits:" or something of that nature.

I jumped the gun there and already added most of my comments there. It's hard to really comment given we can only view it as an image. Let us know when it's marked up and I'm sure I and others will be able to give a few comments on how you might tweak that end of things to best effect.

A huge step forward from the original and I personally like it. The middle section isn't in keeping with the rest of the page, so a little work needed there to pull it up to scratch.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Overall the design looks great and I've only a couple of suggestions over and above the valuable tips you've already received;

"Learn how an 18 year old makes thousand" - that should be "thousands".

"Seeing other copy cats make money than you" - should probably be "Seeing other copycats make more money than you".

The Dollar symbol usually appears before the numerical value, as in $5, but perhaps you have a reason for putting it after it.

"Send over 1000 worth of traffic" I'm not sure what that means, is it meant to be 1,000 visitors or $1,000 worth of traffic?

"Maintain and icrease" - should be "increase".

"Wait its not yet" - not really sure what you are trying to communicate with that. Plus it should be "it's".

"market your gig without spendinga penny" - "spending a penny"

"hundreds of gig daily" - "hundreds of gigs"

"the magic tools they don't tell you about"

"Stand between you and success" - "Stands between you and success"

As I say, it looks great overall. Good luck with it and make lots of sales.

6. VVhite_Angel

VVhite_Angel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I have seen a lot of website who offers same thing (but most in french because i'm french :) )
    And things i like : Colors, non agressive, nice choice.

But i think the "proof" part, isn't very good. Prefer put rectangular white on the data you don't want others to see.

Height of the page should be half less, i think

7. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys.
    @whiteangel Can you give me a link to the French sites you are talking about?

8. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another nice improvement there. I can't guarantee it'll give better returns (certainly worth using google's optimizer tool to monitor the impacts of changes once the site goes live), but it certainly looks a lot better to me.

The obvious outstanding issue left with the central section (which looks much better) is the use of the old mark up on the image. The red line (coming from the "199 in total"), which used to relate to descriptive text, now simply looks out of place.

The other thing I hadn't spotted before was the "60 day money back guarantee". You obviously need to be careful with such an offer (users aren't beyond purchasing an ebook and then claiming their money back once they have the benefit), but since you have it available it would help conversions to make it more prominent on the page. It will help gain user trust in the product when glancing at the page if it's front and center.

Apart from that it's really just the $ locations (like Fergal, I'm not sure if there's a reason for that or if it's simply a slip - it does look very odd) and a few small typo's and you've got a great little page there.

Over time you'll find loads of small tweaks that can be made (tracking user interaction on the page - be it google analytics or even more hands on tools - will help here) to help boost conversions and things to improve the SEO, but as a base the existing design has really come on in leaps and bounds.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Paul, the design looks great and once you make the small tweaks already mentioned it should be ready to launch it. Once it's launched continually make small improvements and perhaps even try split testing some new approaches. Good luck with it and I hope you make lots of sales.

11. VVhite_Angel

VVhite_Angel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this kind : http://www.genererunrevenu.com/
    White - Red - Black based, basic font ... agressive i think.

12. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Takes lot of time to load

You need to convert it to html instead of using so many images

but its a good design

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The link posted on the OP is a link the his design, so it just consists of images.
    I'm pretty sure he will convert it to HTML once the design is finalized and ready to be published online.

14. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On the new design, the money fan part seems to be distracting. It distracts attention from the heading "How to make money . . . " It definitely looks better than the first one but in terms of succeeding, it will depend on where you market this site. There are plenty of sites that look similar, have similar purposes and so users may recall that other site and not want to use your site.

I'd say keep your "Only $19.99" consistent, meaning changing the orange button into the green one, or vice versa. It gives users a visual memory of a key feature and may become tempting, which is a plus for your site.

15. TiaWood

TiaWood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I landed on this page and was interested in the product: yes, I would be tempted to buy. It's a better designed sales page than most. Good job.

16. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just personally, I would not buy from the site because it looks like all those sites that try taking your money. NOT SAYING YOU ARE. I stereotype when I visit websites. I would try making it more professional (also, not including images of clients being paid)..

Otherwsie, I would love to see this coded very nice :)

17. weltonhau

weltonhau
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great site! However, it does look like 1 very big ad

18. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice

your website design is very nice, but your website is not a SEO friendly.. you can add in that home page in metatag, and also content optimization is needed.. so that only you can optimize your site SEO friendly. the google search always like metatag & content, but content shold be in quality and unique..