Please recommend me the Best Free wiki script

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by garfish, Aug 29, 2015.

1. garfish

garfish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried searching for a wiki script to use for the website I plan to create. I have this plan almost a year now and haven't really started doing it and now I think is the time to probably create it as I'm with a partner.

I hope to see an easy to use CMS for which users can just login and edit pages. I plan to make every user on theinternet have the right to edit but needs to be approved by admin.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many wiki scripts to look into, but depends on how big you want to make your wiki grow, and what are the server resources you count with.

Obviously the most recommendable among them is Media Wiki, which is the same software that Wikipedia uses, but it requires a powerful hosting, may not run properly in a shared hosting environment with limited features.

For other options (including Media Wiki) I would advice you to check this site for some others including further information and demo sites; http://www.opensourcecms.com/scripts/show.php?catid=8&category=Wiki

3. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

TopTenWikiEngines

• MediaWiki -- Used by the WikiPedia project, which is the most popular wiki (PHP and MySql).
    • MoinMoin -- A PythonLanguage wiki engine, features flexibility and modular design.
    • PhpWiki -- A very popular PhpLanguage Wiki based on UseModWiki, with many features added.
    • XWiki -- A sophisticated Wiki platform build with Enterprise technology and also declarated as the 'Next Generation Wiki'
    • OddMuseWiki -- Really popular descendant of UseModWiki ("one big Perl script").
    • TikiWiki CMS+Groupware -- A full-featured, open source, multilingual, all-in-one Wiki+CMS+Groupware written in PHP.
    • PmWiki -- A popular PhpLanguage Wiki, easy installation, simple design, nice feature list.
    • DokuWiki -- Standards compliant, simple WikiEngine written in PHP, accepted into Debian and Fedora linux distro's
    • FoswikiEngine - The free open source fork from TWiki, a powerful PerlLanguage structured wiki with numerous plugins, aimed at large corporate Intranets
    • MojoMojo -- The modern PerlLanguage wiki, powered by the CatalystFramework and the DBIC ORM. Hierarchical structure, AJAX live previews, 3-way merge edit conflict resolution, attachment gallery etc.