Please Promote My Site

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Sahilkr, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Sahilkr

Sahilkr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want my site to be Promoted,please Promote it:
    wwwdottechnologydotibloggerdotorg

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF Sahilkr.
    From what I see, it's just newly made due to the number of posts. Is that just a new site?
    Regarding your domain, is that a sub-domain? Are you planning to purchase a TLD in the future?

To be honest, it's really hard to promote a new forum without any content. Since most likely, no visitor will turn into a member if the forum has not post and don't have existing topics. I think, first of all, you need to jump start it by hiring some forum posters to post content on your site. Once you got many posts, visitors have higher chances on becoming members.

Once you got enough content, you can promote it to various forums and social networking sites like Facebook. So that natural members will come in.

If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

4. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not appreciate such methods of promoting a website, you should be confident...

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although there are probably better, more polite ways to say it, William has a point. There is no shame in asking for help when you need it, being sure of yourself shows people that you are a serious businessperson. There are several people on this forum who are more than willing to help out a fellow member, including constructive criticism if necessary.

6. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joeroxx whenever I see such attitudes it makes me to feel annoying that how a person can do the business with such behavior, that proves that the person is not serious in doing something productive or want to achieve excellence and put efforts for the purpose... he just want to be a rich person over a night without bothering to struggle.

7. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you need to explain it more for you to be able to gain more members or become popular, just like with your thread it could have been better if you will explain you site more than a single sentence alone. Explaining your concern in a detailed manner will help you gain response which lead you to a solution :p

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you replying to me or to the thread starter?

9. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cool down man I was saying to the thread starter

10. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think SEO is one of the best way to increase the business,either you can use blog and forum posting to promote your business.

11. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I think that social media marketing is now taking over SEO

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What made you think that way? There are still lots of things that SEO can do that social media marketing can't...

13. jamesmart121

jamesmart121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, social media marketing is really excellent but it should be done right.

14. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can divert trusted visitors to your site through social media marketing by making a strong bond and one thing that I like about social media marketing is that one can only advertise his site by legitimate techniques which can not be considered as spam but SEO the techniques of SEO encourages spam which is creating mess on the web

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But I can say that traffic from Search Engines gains more weight than traffic from social medias. Am I right?

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As GekiDan pointed out, there are many things SEO can do the social media marketing cannot. Getting your site highly ranked on the major search engines means that users can enter one your keyword phrases, and immediately, the results will apear. Social Media Marketing can help spread the word about a service users may need someday, and can be used to get recommendations from their "friends", but cannot be used to find a service or product provider's website the way a search engine can.
    On the other hand, if someone is providing a new service or product, and no one knows about it, users would not know what keyword phrase to use to find it, so Social Media Marketing can be used to spread the word about this product or service.
    And, one of the most important aspects of SEO is providing backlinks through blogs and networking sites - social media does not necessarily mean sites like Facebook and Twitter.
    Social Media Marketing can be used as part of an overall Search Engine Marketing strategy, but cannot yet replace it, if it ever will.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To add to that, I know I'm getting alot of visits from Facebook alone (at least 1000 a day). but it's nothing compared to how many visitors I get on search engines or even Google alone.

18. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you earn from your website like adsense or something than you surely need search engine to get tons of visits but if you want to sell your some product or service than social networking is more effective tool as you can sell your product easuily by developing the interest in your network.