Please Give Some Valuable Insight Towards My New Site

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by JBMedia, Oct 8, 2015.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone, I recently started an ecommerce site selling survival, tactical, marine and pretty much all of the above gear. Although we are new, we are starting to slowly get an increased amount of traffic. By that I mean maybe 50 visitors a day that aren't bots crawling the site. Anyways, long story short, I'm wondering what other viewers truly think about the site as I have yet to receive feedback that I feel isn't slightly biased.

Any review is deeply appreciated! Thank you!
    Sharp Assist Dot Com

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I noticed it's been awhile since you started this thread, and no one has replied yet. Personally, I think your home page is suffering from a case of TMI - or maybe TMG. You have a navigation bar at the top, then you have very large graphics linking to various places on the site. In the middle of these, you have large graphics for some "Recommended for You" products, that can apparently be purchased right from the home page. You then have very large graphics for Latest Products, Top Rated, and Best Sellers, which can also be purchased from the home page. On the right, about halfway down the page, you have a red rectangle with a tiny bit of information about your store. Near the bottom of the page, you have the same products for which you have large graphics for Featured Products and Top Rated in a much smaller area, where you also now have Bargain Products. You don't need both - take out all the large graphics, including the "Recommended For You" products and the Best Sellers, take out the list of Bargain Products, slide the two lists over, then list the "Recommended For You" products and Best Sellers here. You don't need the large pictures to link to other areas either. If you absolutely have to have them, make them smaller, with a text link to the appropriate area next to each picture. Your header is also rather plain. You might want to take a panoramic picture and place it to the right of your logo, with a slogan of some type at the bottom. then put the search bar underneath the picture.
    As far as why people are not visiting, take a look at the home page of some of the other sites that sell similar products to yours. And, finally, go to the source. Go to places online where your potential visitors hang out, and ask them what they think. Their opinions would be much more valuable than ours.

• Like Like x 1