Please could you let me know what you think...

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Winflo Finan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Winflo Finan

Winflo Finan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. I am a writer for the Winflow Financial Group but because of company changes, I have recently been put in charge of the website.

http://www.winflowfinancial.com/

I have looked over the site a number of times and know of some issues. But I would appreciate it if anyone had any tips from an outsider point of view.

Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Being in the SEO business, I looked at your website from an SEO point of view. I had a preliminary analysis done of your hoepage, and you received a score of 81.23% out of a possible 100%. This is not bad, but there are still a few problems with the site. You are missing a meta description, which is the short description seen under the heading in your website's organic listing on the search engines. Your home page also contains 4 broken links, insufficient content for the for the search engines to index, and a large percentage of duplicate content. Your 3-word market focus, which should describe what you do, is "winflow financial group", which is your name. Also, while exploring your site, I noticed an article about "Small Business SEO Techniques". In the article, one of the hints you give is, "The first tip for designing your website, in accordance to SEO strategies, is using unique titles." And yet, in your own website, all the pages have the same title. As the saying goes, "Physician, heal thyself".
    If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Overall I would say that the site has a smart professional feel to it. I would suggest that you have a stronger call to action on most pages of the site, that encourages visitors to contact you in some way or to give you some of their contact information. Offering a free ebook or report that requires visitors to enter their email address in order to receive it, could work very well for you. Once you have a list of email addresses you could mail them occasionally with details of updates on your site or the services being offered by your business. If you do decide to do something like that make it very clear to visitors that you will never spam their email address or make it available to a third party.*

I feel that your site would also benefit from being more focused in terms of the benefits that you can offer to your visitors. When someone arrives on your site for the first time, they will generally only give it a few seconds attention before deciding if there is something of value for them there or whether they will move on to another site. For a site to be successful you need to ensure that a first time visitor can see very clearly how your site might offer value to them, in that first few seconds.

*I've just noticed that on some pages you offer visitors the opportunity to register for a free consultation. That's a great idea - perhaps you can give the offer greater prominence? A button or link highlighting this offer in the header area of every page on the site (especially the homepage) could work very well for you.

Good luck with your site and I hope that you get some helpful suggestions and reviews from our other members.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Winflo Finan

Winflo Finan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. Thanks for the help. I am a little confused with a couple of things though. How do you mean all the pages have the same title? I am also unable to find duplicate content and broken links.

Also, thanks Fergal, some good tips, will definitely need a consultation button on the main page.

I have only recently taken over with this kind of thing, so all the help is really appreciated.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I do not know the extent of your programming knowledge, so if some of this sounds too basic, I apologize. In the HTML coding for your website, there is coding referred to as meta-tags, one of which is the Title Tag. You can view this tag by moving your mouse up to the tab at the top of your browser. When you do, you will notice that every tag contains the words, "Winflow Financial Group - Business Funding and Investment Consulting" after the title of the page. Each page should have a Title Tag related to the content of the page, and include the keyword phrase(s) you want that page to be ranked for.

Liberace, an entertainer known for wearing flamboyant costumes, once appeared on a talk show wearing a plain suit. When he was asked why he was not wearing one of his flashy costumes, he replied, with a smile, "oh, you have to pay for that!". All kidding aside, the report I requested was only a preliminary report, and did not specify where the duplicate content came from, or which links were broken. A more comprehensive report, which we provide for our clients, would be more specific, and we would, of course fix any errors we find.
    Having said that, I have been, and always will be, willing to provide as much help as I can to you, and anyone else who needs it.