please can anyone help me

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by gomercorp, Mar 22, 2011.

1. gomercorp

gomercorp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I need to know if their is such a deal that can be done for products and business ideas at my own basic design concept stage only and some advice on protecting myself to freely pitch my ideas in detail
    As a single parent with no funding and with the very mixed collection of ideas and the limited experience I have it is very difficult for me to focus on one product and one starting point.

Products and business ideas at basic design concept stage so far consist of

3 very large websites/companies

1 advertising tool

2 mobile phone apps 1 non profit/charity

1 new gaming hardware
    1 new cinema chair
    3 fire safety products
    2 kitchen utensils
    1 pond lifesaving device
    1 easy exercise tool
    2 household medical devices
    1 tangle proof wires/cables
    1 new silent sleep aid
    1 safety earphones
    1 adjustable tool
    1 automatic grass cutter
    1 nail less cable grip sticks to any flat service
    2 new updated bathroom products

And a few non researched unplanned new ideas

So far I have only done internet searches to look for similar products or businesses and have found 2 products similar to 2 of my own products already on the market.

I do understand that it is unlikely that all my products are as unique and viable as I believe them to be given the limited research tools and experience I have, but I do have new ideas quite often I am looking to find some way to have my products and ideas developed wile I concentrate on education I have no delusions about my own present capability’s I know education or on job training is were my main focus should be I don’t want to make money on one good idea and loose on a non starter I need management direction and education if I am to succeed
    Any help or advice you could spare time to give would be greatly appreciated

Thank you very much

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum gomercorp and thanks for posting your business questions. My suggestion would be to begin to focus on one of your ideas and take that as far as you can before you work on the next one. Starting any business requires a lot of time and dedication and you will have a better chance of success if you are dedicated to one business rather than spreading your attention across a few business ideas.

You might also find the previous discussion that I've linked to below, relevant and helpful to your current situation;

Investor for great invention wanted!
    Investor Wanted For New Invention
    inventor in need of advice
    I got tons of ideas, but how would I get help on making them real
    How to develop a new idea?

Good luck with it and please do post back with your thoughts and any further questions you have!

3. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Gomercorp,

Don't worry about whether or not you get to act on every single business idea that you come up with. I can assure you that the opportunity to build a business for yourself is endless. As you learn more and more about how business works you will discover new opportunities at every corner. That is the beauty of this new world. You are far better off just choosing the idea you are most passionate about and pursuing it as hard as you can. Try to stay focused on one idea until you have run its course completely. Do not try to do too many things at once. One is enough. Trust me.

4. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Gamercorp
    I'm seeing the same as jsingerston here. You need to narrow your ideas to one field and produce a quality product and a sound business from it and then maybe embark on something else of a similar nature. I'm sure they're all great ideas and you seem very determined.

5. LeoVKW

LeoVKW
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your ideas are so strong that you have to worry about someone stealing them, then you're in trouble. Be that as it may, ideas by themselves are not worth much. It's like multiplying a number by zero. The other part is what do you do with the idea? That's where the real work starts.