Platform For User-Friendly Websites?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kpkarthik, Sep 9, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I need to create a website for my small business with an open source platform. I heard that if the website is developed as user-friendly to the search engines, that could help in getting more customers to my business. So,I need to know, of Joomla, PHP, and Drupal, which is the best platform to make the website user-friendly to the search engines?

#1 kpkarthik, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  2. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website will be with good quality content it will be user friendly for search engines. But you should better bother about user friendliness for your visitors, you'd get more benefits from it. As for beginner I'd recommend wordpress to use

3. PromoCodeBuzz

PromoCodeBuzz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Platform For User-Friendly Websites are wordpress, create a new websites in just few minutes! play with few plugins like Yoast Plugin, Xml sitemap for Google, it will make your website Google User-Friendly Websites.

4. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But wordpress platform would be more secure compared to other platform?

5. hudafaeq

hudafaeq
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Weebly or webs is a good platform to make a free website or your own website. Their CMS is very user-friendly.

6. ron13315

ron13315
    uix_expand uix_collapse

use wordpress, be sure that you host your wordpress in fast server and little search about wordpress plugin that can help you for SEO.

7. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is secure enough comparing with other cms's

8. Click

Click
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. marclewis

marclewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find PHP is good platform to use as it is easy and you can put php code any where.

10. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is generally our number one choice for building websites. It is one of the most common of the website platforms available, with millions of users and growing. WordPress has thousands of theme options – free and paid – allowing you unlimited possibilities, not including the endless customization that can be done. Here are some of the highlights of WordPress:
    60 million users and counting
    Thousands of themes – premium and free
    Thousands of plugins
    User friendly
    Easily customized
    Great support system
    Great for blogs, websites, and eCommerce
    Add users with permission limitations

11. JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not a fan of wordpress although I understand the 'ease of use for beginners' sentiment but, there are others you can consider.
    One I have used recently is Bolt CMS.
    Bolt is easy to implement on your server and also very easy to just edit the sample pages already created however, there is not a great deal of extras to use. A big advantage over wordpress is it is very lightweight which helps with page load speed.
    Another CMS I am eager to try is Fork CMS. Fork is also a good lightweight website solution and has a good variety of apps that can be utilised.
    My favourite is Modx although it has to be said the learning curve is a bit steeper with this open source cms however, once past the learning curve you will not regret it as the flexibility of this CMS is simply astounding.

12. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search Engines today are operating as per the users. So its very wise to think that if a website or webpage is quite user friendly in terms of look and feel, in terms of navigation, in terms of speed and what ever that makes the user more friendly with the website.

13. aframalik

aframalik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is very user friendly and search friendly site. you can check reviews on internet it is best I am personally using it.

14. WildWing

WildWing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is excellent; however, I preface this by recommending that you install wordpress on a very secure server to avoid hacks. You can reduce the number of potential inlets by being careful about which plugins you install and by avoiding overly simplified passwords. The wp-admin page is the number one weak point of the wordpress interface; however, risk can be easily reduced by following a few simple guidelines.

#14 WildWing, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  15. gabriellet

gabriellet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best platform we use for it to be user friendly to the search engines AND user friendly for you to use is WordPress. It's easy to install and get going fast, especially good for clients who want a website turned around fast.

16. methewcostner

methewcostner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi pal.
    Joomla, Drupal and Wordprss are very popular PHP CMS open source software. Any of these three would be a good choice.
    Joomla : Joomla is developed on MVC structure and also provide good admin interface. If you are thinking to make a e-commerce site then Joomla Virtumart is really a nice one.

Wordpress: It is a good light weight CMS.

Drupal: Drupal is also a popular CMS. Anything can be developed through Drupal. The content multilingual and search mechanism systems are really nice. Though Drupal admin interface is a little bit difficult rather than the rest of two.

you ask about how to website user-friendly to the search engines? then every search engine has its crawler. It crawls the content in your website.Please make sure that your website should not contain any duplicate content or matching content found in other website.Search engine may ban your site.Optimize your website to your user and crawler friendly so that it can rank well in a search engine when any user type any keyword your website should result first..

one more thing is Kpkarthik that WordPress websites are mostly hacked because they are mostly used. Other than that, you will need to secure your WP site, like manually installing it instead of using quick install thing, always updating your WP, plugins, themes, no admin username, etc, etc. It depends on how you secure your site.
    and whatever platform you use. you can make your own themes according to your project with the help of templatetoaster.Hope it helps you.

17. australianlogos

australianlogos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress the one best user friendly CMS and it is also search friendly. It can be easy handle and operate

18. Hostingsource

Hostingsource
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're earning from your website, it may be worth your while to pay those extra dollars. After all, as long as your site is "up", you stand the chance of getting additional sales which will more than make up for the additional cost of a few bucks. Remember: no site, no sale.

19. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engine friendly websites can be made of any platform if you have good knowledge, but WordPress will be easiest in all of them as it can take friendly url structure and title automatically without any issue or major changes.

20. abidasaalim

abidasaalim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress CMS is very user friendly you can try it. it is easy to handle and operate