Planning to start an LYIP - please guide and suggest.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by zerzis, Dec 3, 2007.

1. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello friends,

I am from India. I am planning to launch an LYIP - Low Yield Investment Program. I am in a booming economy and I am pretty sure seeing my experience that I can acheive handsome returns investing in my home country through various means - stocks, bonds, mutual funds..etc. I think based on this I can launch an LYIP with guaranteed returns. Initially I feel I will guarantee low rates may be just 20% per year but later as I achieve some confidence and faith of investors, then I may increase the interest rates. I am also planning to have growth and dividend option in my investment scheme.

I need suggessions from you all how should I proceed? What should be the rate of interest according to you? By how much time period should I give returns?

Thanks.

Zerzis

2. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sorry. I'm not too familiar with these terms like LYIP. Would You mind explain it to me how it works? And don't throw buzz words at me ;)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This may not be as easy as you think. Achieving a 20% return might not be as high as what others are offering. But ask yourself are they really achieving that for their clients?

A 20% return per year is not low, it is a very high return. How could you guarantee this?

I'm not suggesting that you cannot achieve this, I'm just wondering how much you have thought it through and what research you have done.

4. spirited

spirited
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never heard of these LYIP's (only HYIP's). Are they noted for being 99.999% scams like HYIP's do since I know that they are very infamous for that? Also, I was also going to say that 20%/year is indeed a very high return, try changing your goal to maybe around 5% instead, otherwise just call it a HYIP :p.

5. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes fergal, I am sure to acheive this rate of return fro my investors. My aim is to provide stable investment rather than high profit investment for my investors. Those who want high returns, I am very sorry. High returns are associated with risks, which I think shoud be calculated. To answer your question of guarantee fergal, let me tell you that there is a bit of risk associated but when I look towards my past years performance I think I can easily acheive 20% for my investors. Just to tell you, I have generated 43% returns in past year. I took risks but they were not very high risks. I am working in Banking and Finance domain of my company and I do have the knowledge and skills which an intelligent investor should have. And initially I am going to start with small amount which I think will be managable for me. Then I may expand my business. Please guide me all of you, any suggessions are welcomed.