Planning a home base business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by grithcel, Jun 1, 2012.

1. grithcel

grithcel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I am new to this site and lately I've reading alot about doing business at home. I'm a new mom, our daughter is 5 months old and I am planning to do business online at home but I just don't know where and how to start. I'm still not sure what kind of business I should be doing. Can anybody gives me any ideas? I am thinking selling things on maybe ebay to start with but, where should I get my products? I mean, where can can I find distributor for the products I am going to sell? I came from the Philippines and I was thinking on maybe buy some things from the Philippines and sell it here? I have so much ideas but I don't know how to start. Please help.. Thank you

2. Word

Word
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You posted a week ago and no one replied. Interesting.

Seems like your question is just too tough to answer :)

So I have 3 bits.

1. It's easier to build a business on a passion because you keep motivation even when things get tough, and you are probably more able to understand the field and know what is good value and what isn't.

2. If you are from the Philippines you would probably do well to plan to outsource your business to Filipino's rather than import.

3. Find way to make mistakes fast and cheap. For example, affiliate marketing, standard ebay selling, and blogging are faster and cheaper to fail at than importing, but all of them COULD lead you to import later if the market showed it was there for that.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  3. confianzys

confianzys
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

There are a lot of online work to which you can do from your home, such as SEO , Data Entry etc.
    You can search to these companies from internet an start a work......

4. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lot of work can you do online. It depend on you which kind of work you want to do... Now If you new than first you look around and ask every one or try to understand how to do online work.. Because you have know at least how to deal with client or anyone... Now a day's SEO is too much popular.. And Data entry is also online work.... So first you observe all this things and start slowly slowly.....

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. I am from the Philippines and I think I can help, probably answer your question.

First, what do you plan to sell in a home base business situation? What products are you interested in? Avon? Natasha? MSE? If that is the case then finding a distributor is not that tough to do. You can easily find one for those products.

When it comes to selling online - EBay can be a good option - but you have to ask the distributor of the products if you are allowed to offer or act as a third party reseller on Ebay. If not, you can actually start posting ads on FB, Twitter, and probably Pinterest pictures of your products and items. ]

But anyway - what do you plan to sell, or what products are you interested at at first hand?

Thanks for reading,
    Mark T

6. grithcel

grithcel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you so much for the response. I am still learning on how to start a small business and I am thinking on doing affiliate marketing but I don't have enough knowledge on it yet so I am still reading and learning on how to start doing it. And I am also planning to start selling staff on ebay, maybe antiques or something. About the blogging, I have some ideas on maybe writing a true story of lives of the people I know. But I am not sure how do you make money from writing an article on blogs? I really appreciate you giving me advices here. I have so many ideas I just don't know how to put them all together.
    Grithcel

• Like Like x 1
  7. nocovermr

nocovermr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always say go with what you know...if there is anything you consider yourself knowledgeable in thats a good starting point. Affiliate marketing is great! However there are a LOT of affiliate marketers out there. Maybe start with a niche product site and see how it goes.

8. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way here is to search some online business or stores and gather information on how they operate it, and also do contact with shipping companies if you want to sell internationally.