Placement of Adsense

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by myerscooper, Jun 18, 2010.

1. myerscooper

myerscooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I noticed that many websites have the navigational bar on the left side as people look on the left side of each page first. This is why I too used the same technique. But my ads are on the right side. Putting them on the left side would make the page look too cluttered.

But researches show that the left side is the best place for ads to be. What should I do? Leave them as they are or change their position?

Thanks.

2. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to some experts, the best places for adsense ads are: under your header, just under the title of a post and, in general, within your content.

You can read what Google says about it here: https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=17954

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

myerscooper if your site is getting established and is still building traffic levels, I would recommend placing the ads, where they are least intrusive to your visitors. If you have a strong established site with a lot of quality traffic and lots of fans, you can place the ads in more intrusive locations, where they will get more click throughs.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best position I can say is one the left sidebar. It should be visible on the top fold of your site so it can easily be seen when someone visits your site. I can say that this works since my Adsense earnings increased.