Pingback and Trackbacks Comments is good for site or bad

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Vinod, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Vinod

Vinod
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone,
    I am doing SEO for biscoot.com but previous SEO guy build lots of links using Pingback and Trackback comments and use one keyword every time "Hindi Song". We dropped ranking in google for this keyword. So what should i do now. Help me out

2. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Removing the links will take time and effort but I would suggest to start again with your website. Study your targeted audience behavior and then provide them what they need and expectations through interesting and engaging content that will benefit them in many ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Rather than improving the website instead of removing the links, as Steve seems to be suggesting, i would both improve the website if necessary and remove the links. As he said, removing the links will take time, but you need to get rid of as many as possible. Take a look at this thread, which deals with removing bad links. Once you removed as many of the bad links as you can, concentrate on getting links the correct way, from the right sources. Having more good quality links, especially if you continue doing it on a regular basis, will dilute the effect of the bad links over time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks like the old SEO guy used trackback spam to build links. You will lose your rankings if you do that, so I am not surprised at all that your rankings have dropped for that keyword. You should remove all of those links that you can and disavow the rest of the ones you can't remove. Chances are, the vast majority of those trackback links are coming from sites that are totally overrun with spam.

5. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doing anything with the existing links are going to take a lot of time and eventually that may not be the exact fit to go with. I would suggest to build more number of links where in the toxic links would get hide in between.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Removing the old links may take time, but these are obviously spam links created specifically to manipulate the SE ranking, and as many as possible must be removed. For those that cannot be removed, if Google will not disavow them, you are correct - sort of. Getting quality links, not just more links, will eventually dilute the effects of the old links.

7. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey Dude,
    Why you have scared when Google have already given option to remove links. You can use Disavow tool to do that. Remove those links which no need or you can not repair. After that do strong SEO, build strong links for exact target.
    Thanks