PHP framework ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by peter90, Jun 2, 2014.

1. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to choose a php framework to speed up development time, and to improve the security of applications from the start.But - at the end of the day I want to sell the applications I create and have them be easy for a user to install.

Can any php coders out there recommend a framework that allows this?

2. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Zend is the best framework to be used for bigger applications. I have seen many big websites working in the same and development is quite easy, but you need to have good knowledge about the framework which you are going to choose.

3. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  4. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good website you've provided, but one of the most important as for me is documentation manuals on framework, and it is not listed on your comparison, so I'd prefer CakePHP

5. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

okay ...but i heard codeginter is the good framework to make any application or website and its easy to build up any website in codegniter.Is it ?

6. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think CakePHP have good enough performance. CakePHP enables you to build web applications faster, using code generation features to rapidly build prototypes. There is no complicated configuration, just setup your database and you're ready to go. Translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication and more are all built into the framework. It comes packaged with clean MVC conventions, to guide you in developing your application. CakePHP can handle every aspect of your application, from the user's initial request all the way to the final rendering of a web page. The framework provides a basic organizational structure, from filenames to database table names, to keep your entire application consistent and logical. CakePHP also comes with built-in tools for validation and protection against SQL injection, form tampering and more, to help keep your application safe and secure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

okay... Thanks for sharing your knowledge here .Except Cakephp any other framework is there to make safe, secure and easy application development.

8. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

codeigniter does not support ajax, and for web apps it is useful nowadays, so zend is my preferable option

9. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

okay.. are your sure that codeigniter does not work with ajax?... I think at the end , I have to go with zend .

10. mesh457

mesh457
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of PHP framework available on market (zend ,codeigniter and yii ). But My advice of you if you are beginner in PHP framework go with codeigniter.

11. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you should go with Zend because we have used Zend-2 for some of our biggest projects based on client request and we found that it is good enough with more security and online community and documentation available on the internet. You may find very less people working on the Zend because this is the oldest one and some easy framework has arrived like Phalconphp and larvel, which is easy to install and understand, but as we all know old is gold and Zend has it's own legacy and you can overlook this.

Does anyone has any experience or any feedback about Phalcon or larvel ar we are looking for trying one of these two for next?

12. alfainhost

alfainhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Codeignite, Yii and zend are framework of php.

13. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i decided that i should go with zend,yii,or else codeignite.But if i do with zend It is quite tough to use and it would also consume time so i Think i have to chose yii or else codeignite.Can anyone tell me about cakephp is it good for web app.

14. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We all know that these are the php framework.. wat u want to describe?

15. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Zend is tough to use, but at the same time it is very secure. Else you should go with codeignitor.

16. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes ! zend is secure than other framework but if i go for codeignitor then i would not able use ajax on codeigntor because i heard it does not support ajax ...

17. Topnews123

Topnews123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are bundle of php framework. But i like yii.

18. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most frameworks are simply too advanced, making it hard for non-professional developers or frontend people to quickly build good things, so I was always searching for a naked and totally stripped-down PHP barebone application. php-mvc solves this problem and reduces the learning curve to a total time of under 30 minutes while still being very professional and self-explaining.

19. thaversantosh

thaversantosh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think cakephp is the best framework to create the application . It is very user friendly framework to create the huge application . In which have thousand of pages .So that from work is divided into the layers . That is model , view , controller . Each layer have his won works . So that you can modify any thing very easily .

20. Astrid2

Astrid2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

am i the only one whom still using CodeIgniter?
    wkwkwkk
    i had used it once, but if i need to create sites in php i just using my past codeigniter project to be edited :D wkwkwk