Phone Service

Discussion in 'Smartphones & Other Devices' started by Sean Scott, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Is it logical to switch to Vonage ?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sean Scott

Sean Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm thinking of switching phone service from At&t to Vonage.
    I use the service for calling designers & architects and call about ~ 60 people per day and receive many calls as well
    What service do you use?
    Do you think it's logical to switch to vonage? $10 p/mo vs $90
    Why or why not?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Sean Scott I had the triple bundle from AT&T, but it got to be too expensive, so I dropped their phone service and went with Basic Talk. The kit is free at Walmart, and it's a VoIP system, just like you have with AT&T. You can usually keep your number, also, and the charges are just under $13/month, including taxes. https://www.basictalk.com/?existing Talk is unlimited, and believe me, I get my money's worth. With Vonage, is there equipment to buy? I haven't heard much about Vonage lately, and hadn't realized their prices had dropped so much.

3. appleannie123

appleannie123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is not about what you make, but what you get to keep, so yes with respect to the amount of the bill, it would be worth it. I have never been a happy customer of AT&T. I did not try out Vonage ever though.

4. Sean Scott

Sean Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your replies! Appreciate the input

5. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My saving strategy was to drop everything but my cell phone. I was only keeping a landline for international calling and Skype has made that obsolete. Things actually work so much better just having one number for everything and the Skype app.

6. Sean Scott

Sean Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cell phone call quality isnt that great so I need good quality when I deal with business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm happy with Basic Talk, but am going to look into Magic Jack just to see how it compares. It seems I can still save more money than I currently am, so I'll look around for reviews, to see how happy current customers are. Vonage is still more expensive than Basic Talk, so I wouldn't go in that direction, but I have heard good things about them in the past.

8. Chris Gifford

Chris Gifford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have used At&t and not satisfied with it then I think you should give a try to vonage once.

9. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have a home phone anymore just because of the prices that they charge. Another reason being that we never used it, everyone in my family has a cell phone. If someone wanted to get in touch with us, then they have our number. I know that AT&T is pretty expensive though, so I would say that you should switch. I mean it wouldn't hurt because I"m sure that it is cheaper.

10. Sean Scott

Sean Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just an update, Vonage customer service is much better than ATT and so far I have not had a problem with it. Call quality is great.