pessimist and optimist

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by newbodylife, Jun 27, 2012.

1. newbodylife

newbodylife
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think you are a pessimist or optimist? why?

2. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Realist :)

3. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a pessimist as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always been a optimist in almost everything. I never entertain negatives vibes and always see opportunities in every situation no matter how bad that situation may look to other people.

5. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Funny Dawey. But I think they are different. A pessimist looks for the worst. A realist just accepts whatever the reality is regardless of it being good or bad. A realist just tries to be honest.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a pessimist.
    I always expect the unexpected so maybe if i think of getting bankrupt for the next month, I get to think ahead, save and work more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I try to be optimistic, but don't always succeed with that as much as I'd like. Lots of successful people, whether it be in sport, business or in other endeavours, claim that maintaining a positive outlook has been fundamental to their success. My belief is that being positive and optimistic helps for making a happier and more successful life, but it's not easy to achieve.

8. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always expect the worst. It's better this way. Then you won't get disappointed.

The world is crazy and life is hard for everyone. And the more dreams, hopes and goals we have, the harder life will be. This is how I look at life.
    I might be a pessimist, but I do have a sense of humor.

Life is a joke. If I couldn't laugh at it, I wouldn't be sane.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you set goals for yourself Dawey?

10. harryt

harryt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A pessimist see the glass as half empty and tries to prevent it from becoming empty. An optimist see the glass as half full and tries to get it full, or even overflowing, and then thinks how to get more glasses. The one is not better than the other. Pessimists are better at making well-considered and careful decisions which will stand the test when implemented. Optimists will tend to skip this and go for the sale, which is also good as this provides much-needed income and momentum. Optimists could rush in like a fool and get burnt while the pessimist see the problems and avoids them. The pessimist will miss an opportunity due to lack of action, or acting speedily while the optimist will grab the chance and run with it. Both are needed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Many of us have a natural inclination to feel that it is better to be optimistic. Your description Harry offers a very useful and helpful perspective on the the positive aspects of being pessimistic.

12. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ironic and funny. In that aspect, you are more like an optimist rather than a pessimist. You took a positive move (though ahead saved and worked more) as to avoid something you do not know to happen yet or not. A pessimist is someone who always thinks that negatives things will happen to him/her - without even making a solution to his/her problems, not dealing with it and don't get it resolved at all.

While an optimist, who also suffers from negative events, creates and faces the problem until he/she gets out of it and learn as well.

It's fine - its one way of learning and growing up. Failure doesn't mean you have to stop. It only means that you have to learn from it and create a new idea until you solve your problem. It's trial and error. Having a positive outlook is more like creating a self-defense and immunity, a foundation of WHO YOU ARE, KNOWING WHAT YOU CAN DO AND WHAT YOU CAN'T.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pulpypinkpurple

pulpypinkpurple
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the time i'm like pessimist, negativity comes first. But i am trying to divert that attitude into optimistic to be more confident in facing life troubles and challenges.

14. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a sarcastic realist. Helps with all things-good or bad, that are thrown at my face.

15. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pessimists always think in opposite way. They believe that negative events are caused by them. If you're a pessimist, you'll see the world as bad as possible. Its a negative view of life. Usually people become pessimist when they focus their mind on the impossibilities. All they see is the extant of challenges so their mind becomes beleaguered by difficulties and they can't see themselves as winner. Focus your mind on possibilities and try to overcome the difficulties. Read inspiring stories of the people who had made before you. Also thinking about all the things your thankful for, and all the things you look forward to can – in my opinion – help you connect to your spiritual power source.

• Like Like x 1
  16. chris_b

chris_b
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i can not define in a single words sometimes i fell i am pessimist and sometime i realize no one in this world is more than me optimistic. but normally i fell myself optimistic.

17. Summerology

Summerology
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I'm not really the kind that goes out sharing positive quotes to everyone, but I think I'm an optimist. Whenever I encounter some challenges, my tendency is to think of a solution and how to turn the bad into awesome. But of course, it's after I get depressed and get drunk. :D

18. Lilo

Lilo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am optimist because I try to see goodness in all people. I am thankful of what I have, my work, friends, family and God. I transcend it through writing or looking into beautiful photos. When I am online, I do some social media or work with my photoblog. My materials are coming from stock photo sites like Kozzi.com where I get free pictures and vector designs.

19. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry Fergal, didn't see yr reply until now.

I try. That is all I can say.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MICHAEL LINDMARK

MICHAEL LINDMARK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sometimes pessimist and sometimes optimist lolx:). It depends on my inspiration in a certain situation. How do you motivate your self?