Permalink Changed Rankings Fell Help!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ChrisLeads, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,

I need some piece of advise. I hope you can help me.

Here's the case, we've been managing a campaign for a local attorney, and we changed a permalink, which seemed to cause her to fall off the first page of Google Plus top 7 listing. So we reverted it back, and her rankings have bounced back to the first page, but she’s not listed in the top 7 of Google Plus listings – she shows up under that, in the organic listings.

We submitted that crawl error, but is there anything we can do to get her listed back on page one within Google Plus?

Your response is very very much appreciated!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Was the link in her Google Plus listing, or on her actual website? Google Plus, and other networking site profiles, are not the same as websites, and so must be treated differently from the actual client's website. Where a listing on an organic search engine listing can depend on the number and quality of links, network profiles do not. Can you give us the keyword she is listed under in the organic listings, and possibly her URL, so we can take a look at it?

3. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ideally you should wait the campaign over first, then only change the link. When there is a changer on link structure, Google will take time to re-index it. During the transmission time, you can post more and share more new content among community, so that more attention from Google bot.