People using AdSense on their sites still?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by JBMedia, Jun 26, 2011.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are any of you still using Google AdSense on your sites to help generate a little income? If so, how has it been working for you? My AdSense tactics have seemed to fall off recently, so I was wondering if anyone else is still doing ok with them.

2. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I has used Google AdSense on all of my websites until I was banned for invalid click activity, which was really unfair because I never clicked my own ads or anything like that. Too answer your question though, I did find it good to use. I didn't make a lot of money as none of my website from when I was using it got that big but I always covered my hosting costs and WoW subscription so I was happy with that.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I stopped running AdSense on my sites a long time ago. The advertisers there just don't pay enough for decent traffic.
    I started using AdBrite a year after using AdSense, just to compare and contrast, and AdBrite brought in the same amount of money in a month that AdSense brought in in a year.

4. Skyline

Skyline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I use Adsense, I earn about 1000 per month from Adsense every month

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm one of the adsense's fan, i already use adsense for more than 6 years. Not earning huge money but it is a good extra money for me to pay all my bill and meal...lol

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I still use them. One of the primary source of my site's income. Never got a problem from them besides the one which involves adult content and copyright material which is indeed my fault. I'm kinda sad to let go of those pages since they are vital to the site's traffic. But to my surprise, after I moved them elsewhere, traffic and earnings increased.

7. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is actually very interesting that your site traffic increased. Out of curiosity, when you encountered this problem with Google, did they ban your account and you got the ban lifted?

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nah. They just disable the ads on my blog's domain. After I made the changes, they bring back my account after 2 weeks.

9. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry if this is off topic but since this is about adsense I would like to ask in reference to my post has anyone else been banned for invalid click activity that was completely unfair and had there account reinstated?

10. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't been banned for that particular reason karoshio, however, on a general basis Google does not reinstate AdSense users who've not followed their T&C and that is one of the BIG ones in there.

Have you tried contacting Google about getting your account reinstated?

11. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of people have been banned from Google AdSense for invalid clicks/click fraud. Those are the accounts that are tough to get reinstated but it happens.
    I've gotten banned from them once for click fraud, I mailed them about it and I got my account reinstated.

12. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried twice to have my account reinstated, the second time i wrote it out really, really well and explained my situation and my websites plans and everything and then they didn't even bother replying.

13. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of site do you have? Where is your traffic coming from? They will take a lot of things into account before even bothering to write you back. If you haven't heard from them in 72 hours though, they are probably not going to reinstate your account.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

15. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes but that is not the easiest thing to do. karoshio, what do you use to track your traffic?

16. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Too bad to say that google have their own statistical system, they wouldnt simply approve the appeal once your site are out of their confident level (this is considered as providing SIGNIFICANT risk to the advertiser). Not only due to own click or fraud click but it might also due to low quality traffic