Penguin 3.0 unleashed!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Petko, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Petko

Petko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys,

The Penguin 3.0 has been started yesterday. Have you been hit? According to some sources I have , they are targeting contextual spam links - web 2.0, wiki sites, article directories etc. So basically tiered (pyramid) style linking is not working anymore. Share with community if there is damage to your site and if yes, what link structure you've being using?

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Petko

2. Jacksonabraham

Jacksonabraham
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never use very few exact match anchor text. Go for broader keyword, phrases, URL, Domain name, company name. Also try to build links on about us, contact us etc.

3. lessbrokerage

lessbrokerage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Our Client Website Keywords Affected Google Penguin 3.0 Update. How to recover that keywords. General I am doing directory, bookmarking, classifieds, article submission, blog posting and Commenting, forum discussion and SMO Services.

4. Petko

Petko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey,

Looks like links which you are build are low quality. Find and analyse all your backlinks. Make a list of low quality links and prepare a disavow file, then submit to google. Also after that, build High Quality links from authority sites.

Cheers
    Petko

5. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No wonder why it was hit by the Update..
    Just like what Petko said:

Well, after the current update, I just saw some positive movements of rankings for the sites that I'm handling. That is why I'm having lesser concerns/ issues about it.

6. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

None of my website get affected due to this Penguin 3.0 update. One of my website's rankings improved, which was hit badly by penguin 2.1 last year.If you want to improve ranking and traffic to your website, then you have to concentrate on content marketing, social media marketing and PPC. I am doing it for my website and satisfied with traffic and sales.

7. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But my website have good ranking after this update. Now it's keyword on 1st page before update, on 3rd page.

8. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen that Google is penalising specially when you are making social bookmarking links

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Social Bookmarking links by themselves are not the problem. They can be used if they come from top-rated, high PR sites. The problem arises when a high number of social bookmarking links are created specifically for SEO purposes.

10. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anything that violates Google quality guidelines will get treated badly by Google on their algorithm refresh and updates in terms of spam found on the web. Penguin behaviour has already been mentioned in this post above, so avoiding such spam links will make any website safe.

11. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

until now my site is not affected by Penguin 3.0 version, but can't assure what it will be going to happen in the future, so not to get affect by Penguin I started to generate good back links from authorities site and even i start to follow the google algorithm.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Did you mean you started to follow the Google "algorithm" or the "guidelines"? You should have been following the guidelines from the beginning - that's what they're there for. Google tells you what they are looking for and what not to do.