Payroll Software Solutions - Is it Required by a Small Scale Business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by vijo, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijo

vijo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A bigger enterprise is a certain dream of every businessperson. Irrespective of the scale of operation, there is always a deep desire to take the business to the next level. There are many factors responsible for the growth of an organization. Some of these factors would look mysteriously unimportant, but can have sizable contribution in the long run.

For instance, there are many small business owners who do not feel the need to acquire a software package to deal with their payroll matters. It's hard to believe that the boring calculations still have a profound place in these organizations. Without a payroll software solution, these companies do not have a choice, but to devote several hours on this taxing task. Unfortunately, since human errors are evident, the final results may not always be satisfactory. These erotic calculations are difficult to mend, and are a certain troublesome factor for both the employees as well as the government.

However, if you manage to get a good payroll software solution as per the needs of your company, then you are certainly making sure that your business is running on a smooth road.

These payroll software products are easy to use, and can save you truckloads of hours usually required for the payroll task. It's a wise move to consider, instead of hiring a third person or a company to maintain your books. All you need to do is to figure out a good payroll software program which contains all the desired features required by you, and then install it.

There are several benefits which one enjoy with a payroll software program. First and foremost, you will not to worry about your sensitive data falling into wrong hands. With an onetime fee, you save yourself from the risk of data misuse.

A good payroll package will automatically calculate all the required figures such as the employee's salary, taxes, deductions, refund etc. Once this information is calculation on its own, you are left with the only task of printing the payroll checks for distribution.

Before you lay your hands on a payroll software package, you need to make sure that you are dealing with a reputable company which has a solid background. Search for companies which are willing to offer a free trial or demo before you shave off your hard earned money. The payroll software company should necessarily have a good customer support system in place so that they cater to your problems, whenever the need arises. The best part is that there are many payroll software companies which do not hesitate from offering periodic updates of their product, absolutely free of cost. This periodic update will prove to be extremely helpful, if there are any changes in the tax plan or similar situations.

The right software will work like a charm for your business. It will help you keep in pace with the changes your business incorporates from time to time. Since you will be able to save loads of time with this software, these resourceful hours can be used for other fruitful purposes.

post your comments.

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the information.

Payroll software is worth using while it reduces mathematical calculation errors mainly. I believe every business company should be using them.

3. Nithvic

Nithvic
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

HR related members really be benefited by this posting. It made me think to use one payroll software solution in our forum.

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whilst there is no doubt that software can help many small businesses, there also has to be a real ROI test on any purchase decision. Many small businesses will not use any type of software automation, but instead employ the services of an accountant to carry out the routine accounting and payroll duties. The accounting firm will be the ones that own the software and do all the data entry, leaving the small business owner to concentrate on what they do best, selling and building up their business.

5. JKP

JKP
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use a payroll software for 3 members of staff that only cost £105 to put into place, it can cope with upto 10 members of staff and in my opinion is well worth it. I fully understand Sean's point about accountants dealing with this side of things but I also use an accounts software package which keeps my day to day bookeeping in order and cuts down my accountants work at year end, saving me expensive accountancy fees!.....I would recomend this; if you have the time within your day that is!

6. shubh

shubh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes these are required even for the small business organizations as these cut short your salaried staff associated with accounts dept. You may use business analytical tools being provided by Fintel like companies also to optimize business cost.

7. EdWilliams

EdWilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This much benefits are there?. It made me thinking to take a payroll solution in our firm. Very useful posting.

8. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the very informative post. In business, payroll software really help to the company especially if the company is big. It minimize errors and it is actually fast.

9. valanvas78

valanvas78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice posting. Very true. It solves all payroll issues.

10. Ballack

Ballack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice post to know the information. Really, payroll software if utilized in the small business will have a successful improvement. These payroll software clears all the issues which is very effective for filing of tax. This helps people to calculate the taxes also where the person can be benefited at the time of filing the tax.

11. amuthanjrv

amuthanjrv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This type of messages encourages many to check out like this solutions.

12. jenitt.jenit

jenitt.jenit
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Most small business payroll software packages are easy to use. And they can cut down on how much time you have to devote to your daily payroll related tasks, and if time is money then that saves you money too! Instead of hiring a whole other person just to keep your payroll straight, or find a payroll company to do it for you, just find a program with the features you need and install it. Save yourself money and do it yourself. Most of these payroll software packages are easy to figure out how to use.

13. hmasilanas

hmasilanas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true, a good small business payroll should automatically calculate all the required payroll figures of an organization. But, certainly you cannot measure the effectively of a certain solution unless you try it and see if it fits your business software requirements. If you’re looking for a cost efficient payroll system for your business I suggest try this automated payroll system from SerBIZyo.

This is a fully web based payroll that runs on your web browser – no need for time consuming installations. Best of all it cost nothing to get you started SerBIZyo offers FREE for the first 2 months usage of the system - a FREE Philippines payroll to small businesses and extremely affordable for medium to big size companies.

14. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have once used RPG, SAP and SARI payroll programs before but haven't been able to get familiarized each with much of accounting functions as I was involved mostly on Inventory Management, Data Warehouse & Information Management Systems functions. Automated and comprehensive payroll systems facilitate and more suited for the needs of accountants and even for small-to-medium businesses.

15. jeriner

jeriner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for posting. It is a nice thread.

A best payroll software can really do the following tasks in a few minutes.

1.Process your payroll with attendance and leave data: You should be able to pay your employee for every minute of overtime he does. Also, may be you want to cut pay for every minute he is late. Payroll processing should also take leave balance and entitlements into account.

2.Send pay slips to employees: Right after processing, email pay slips to all your employees. Also, employees should be able to view their pay slips whenever they want, wherever they are!

3.Email salary transfer information to banks: Statements should be forwarded to banks to perform a salary transfer to the employees.

4.Process your income tax, generate statutory reports: Income tax should also be processed with other payroll components. The automated system should also generate statutory reports required by your government.

The need for payroll automation increases with the employee strength in your organization. Automate your payroll, throw away your payroll worries, and focus completely on your core business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.