PayPal Recurring Billing Question

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Fergal, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Up to now I have paid for BAF's hosting via credit card. I now want to start paying via PayPal.

Servint tell me that I have to set up the recurring billing, via my own PayPal account. Personally I thought that Servint would have to provide me with a subscription link, for setting up the recurring billing.

Do you happen to know what I need to do in my PayPal account so that I can pay them automatically every month?

Thanks!

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

when loggedin in your paypal account, under merchant services. Find the Recurring Payments below.

it actually has tuts :D
    Tried this when I sold my DP signature years ago. And every year the buyer kept sending payments every year. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the reply ownedbox. I am the buyer in this case and the seller say that they can't provide me with a subscription link. Is it possible for me to set up the recurring payment to them, without a subscription link?

4. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can't set up a subscription payment from the buyer's side, but the seller can easily set one up for you if they're willing.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, you can set it up by your own. The seller can easily set up a subscription and email to you, just wondering why dont they spend few minutes to set up the subscription for the customer

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This has nothing to do with subscriptions. Sounds like the seller wants you to create an invoice.

Login to your PayPal account, click the Request Money tab on the navigation menu then go to Create Invoice.

From there you should know what to do.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you sure? It seems like you mean sending the invoice to the seller? (request money from the seller)????

8. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh yeah, I got him mixed up with the other party. You can't do it from PayPal yourself. This is something that they will have to set up for you, but maybe they have a recurring billing option on their website?

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. Servint are going to send me an email every month, telling me how much I owe them. Then I will log into PayPal and send them the payment. I'm not sure why they are not willing to set up a subscription, but anyway this way works for both of us.

10. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They told you they wouldn't create a subscription or invoice? Seems a it strange for a business to deny a client that, but ok.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I thought it was strange too, that an Internet company (web hosting) would not be doing everything they can to make it easy for their clients to pay them via PayPal. I don't see the logic to it at all, but I suppose they have their reasons.