Paypal.com help.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Adam, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heya

As I do on a regular occasion to check how my money situation is going, today I logged onto paypal.com and was hit with this....

[​IMG]

In the credit card part, it said my number of an old card, linked to my account previously untill it was changed to a different one by myself.

The new card is totally different and has new account number/credit card number on it compared to my last one. I deleted the old linked account with my paypal and added in the new one but yet they still "somehow" want the details for this old card (which was destroyed, as it was a closed account by my bank and I told them to do so).

Obviously somewhere along the line paypal have made a mistake but now im stuck with an account which I cannot get into and its anoying me!!

What shall I do? Phone them and explain the situation?

Im stuck :confused:

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Adam, yes I would suggest that you contact them directly. I've previously contacted PayPal support via telephone and they were extremely helpful and had my issue resolved very quickly.

You can view PayPal's UK contact page here.

Good luck with it.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have also encountered the same page.
    It is just a regular security check by Paypal. Just enter your credit card linked on your Paypal and press submit. You will then be brought to a new page wherein you will need to change your password and security questions.

It's just a security measure by Paypal. No need to be worried.
    Anyways, if you still have doubts, better geve Paypal a call via Skype. :D

4. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks to all those which gave me a suggestion but in the end i decided to either phone, email or even both!

I was fed up with the automated system on the paypal number which I phoned so decided to email them.

Although they have not replied to me personally, instead of showing just my old credit card number, they added a seperate drop down menu to the page of mine showing the new card details which I changed :)

All sorted now, and im on my account.

so I thought....

I realised on my account it has been accessed by a third party, meaning someone has got into my account and made up a transaction and therefore collecting money from me to them, which is dam right awful and im quite upset about it :(, taken exactly $50 from my account which equals to around £33.

The weird thing is that they are quite a big company from what it seems.....

Luckly paypal has now put my account on temporary limitation so that during the period I could get my password, email etc changed, which I have done now dont worry :)

Ive filled a complaint procedure through paypal themselves so they will need to investigate, takes upto 10 days apparently. Hopefully I will be able to get my money back even though it may still not sound like alot, Ive worked on ebay spending my time getting it, so hopefully it will be rightfully returned the money to me with any luck.

#4 Adam, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Adam, I've removed the company name from your post, because it may have been a third party who used a similar name to theirs to take money from your account. It would be unfair to name a company until you know for sure that they stole money from your account.

Good luck with getting your money back, I hope it works out for you.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Silly question probably, but have you ever used this company in the past and perhaps signed up for a recurring subscription you forgot to cancel when you stopped using them? It's easily done. Does anyone else have access to your paypal information that may have charged it, eg spouse, gf?

Hope it all gets resolved soon for you, Adam.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kay is right. It may be a reoccurring subscription. For me, everytime I enter such similar payments, I immediately canceled it after the payment has been made. This is to make sure that they can't get money from my account without my knowledge.

8. SomeBoy

SomeBoy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I had the same issue some months ago. I forgot to cancel my premium subscription and they charged me for a half year. (more than 50$)

9. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for replying guys.

Anyway, I have only been on one of their games ONCE on facebook and found it very boring and therefore have not bought credits for the game, rather sad :rolleyes:

Paypal have now put my funds initially back into my account, ie the £33 or so they took from me and I will have to wait for the mean time in order to get my account not limited.

Its good that paypal have accepted so quick and are now investigating into it :)

and nope I have never let anyone into my account including family, friends etc.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did you make any payment to them via PayPal? If you did it may have been a subscription.

11. aitendant

aitendant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please contact directly. All may be well but with PCI compliance looming this summer the frauds will start before the due date.

12. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nope, I have never dealt with them in my life. Luckly now paypal have decided to realise £33 in my account for me to spend as I please :) although account is still limited, Im allowed to spend the money on websites were paypal is a form of payment option.

aitendant: I contacted them by their email and they have now opened the case :)

May take upto 30 days to sort out, oh well atleast I have money in my account :D

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Actually if you look back through your PayPal statements and find the first payment you made to the company. If there was a subscription created, you should see a note of that subscription, immediately below the transaction record, in your PayPal statement. If you click on the "Details" link beside the subscription record, you will be brought to a page, where you can cancel the subscription and ensure that no further payments go to this company.

Please post back if you need any further help with it.

14. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cheers Fergal.

Looking at my account details, it says;

"Order Description:
    310 FarmCash ($50.00)"

I have never ordered that for myself, so someone must have got into my account and pinched it for themselves! :eek:

No subscription has been made it looks like, just that one off payment which I certainly would not have taken out (as im not that sad to buy non-real money)

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hopefully PayPal can find out who accessed your account and took the money from it. If they know who done it they can take action to prevent them from doing it again.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's good to see your money got back on you. Have you made any steps in removing the limitation of your account like sending documents and IDs?

17. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank Fergal. Im not too bothered who has done it but its rather cheeky if you ask me!

Cheers Matey!

Well all what I have done now is changed my password, updated security questions and validated my account bank details which according to the table, all have been completed correctly by myself. I presume once the case has been sorted, then the funds will be able to get transferred to my bank account, if I want to do so.

Basically at the moment it says "PayPal is investigating your unauthorized activity claim, and the seller has been asked to provide additional information within seven days"
    Case was opened on the 15th April 2010.

Claims can take to sort out between 7-30days in longer cases.

Yes im a geek and ive looked into it :cool:
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/w...omerservice/EducationEnterUnauthorizedDetails

18. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

UPDATE!

Ebay have taken their time to review the case and according to the email recieved yesterday that I got, the case has been resolved in my favour :) Even got around £1 due to currency conversation was a little out apparently first time round.

I can now withdraw my money and enjoy the benefits of paypal through my ebay transactions :)

Soo happy!

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's cool. You even get a little consolation on what happened on your account. :D

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's great Adam, thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that you got your money back.