Payment Processors

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by BizMan, Nov 23, 2007.

1. BizMan

BizMan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Choose your payment processors wisely, it's always good to accept more than one, but be aware of the pros and cons of each.

Some will take a bigger cut of the profits, but perhaps offer more security.

E-gold is a common payment processor that is on the borderline, to begin with the value of your cash there can go up and down, and requires a 3rd party service to get that $ in your pocket.

While Pay Pal and Google Checkout are more convenient. But I believe their fee is higher than E-gold.

2. paul

paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its only depends on you to choose which payment processor best suits your needs and those of your customers if you make it hard for customers to pay online, you lose sales. Sometimes paypal will be best or sometimes e-gold/ moneybooker. Also some systems are easy to set up 'n some are not. In business "Time is money".

3. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey i think Liberty Reserve is more secure than e-gold and also its very very easy to use. I feel very very comfortable with it. Almost all HYIP and LYIPs today are using LR and it is in great competition with e-gold already..also the recent e-gold closing down issues has put e-gold into bad position. LR is just great! I also back up Paypal with strong vote. Nothing is more secure than paypal. But we cant invest online through paypal and i think thats its greatest drawback!

4. xtremeliquid

xtremeliquid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't used E-Gold before so I don't really have an opinion of them, however I've read many reviews about them and I've read an abundant amount of positive reviews. Nonetheless, I think that choosing more than one payment processor could be essential.

5. raketeer_mom

raketeer_mom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using E-gold for long already. My transactions are successful. And now I am also receiving thru paypal. I haven’t withdrawn some of my money yet. But some of my friends told me that they have successful transaction with paypal.

6. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well,i never actually experienced problem neither with e-gold nor Paypal.But i think when you want to withdraw your money form your account,Paypal processes the "withdrawals" faster than e-gold.At least that happened to me :)

7. npguy

npguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I always use Paypal all transaction go smooth. Have not tried e-gold so can not comment.

8. Royer

Royer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am currently using PayPal and I have never tried e-gold. PayPal is better cause it is more known and it is more accepted on sites. Even if they have a higher fee most people don't care about that.
    I haven't had any transaction problems with PayPal so I will still stick to it.

9. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me PayPal is great in terms of payment transactions. I used it every time I have a transactions and so far so good I don't have any problem on it, so I'll stick with using PayPal.;)

10. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

seems everyone is using paypal here. Very few have tried e-gold also. And NONE of them are using LR. But friends there are also lot more- like google' s CheckOut, MoneyBookers, AlertPay, e-bullion etc.

11. Notorious

Notorious
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm probably with the majority who prefer PayPal as the most efficient payment processor on the net. I find that PayPal is the most user-friendly service out there, and depositing cash, and sending payments is horridly easy. Even though they have quite some fee's, they're definitely worth the service. I then pick Google's Check & Moneybookers as my second choice, those are two second secure payment processors I'd choose, and the last four are - AlertPay, E-Gold, E-Bullion, and Liberty Reserve. They seem to have some of the processor principles, but I don't enjoy using them that much especially e-gold because there's alot of cracked gold floating around.

12. zhinghur

zhinghur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Similar thought. I too prefer Paypal over others, as it provide a simple interface for the users and secondly moneybookers .I never used this Google check.. so this is why , i guess paypal is the user's choice....

13. archgames

archgames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I trust paypal more and most do but e gold is good too
    more people use paypal than egold