Payment method

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ulrike, Nov 21, 2007.

1. ulrike

ulrike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is the best payment method that I can choose when I want to ask my customer to pay for product? Is it Paypal?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ulrike, it will be easier to answer your question if you give more details on your specific situation.

Are you just doing a single transaction or will you be selling the same product online, on an ongoing basis?

Who is your target market business or consumer?

PayPal is a hugely useful resource for collecting online payments. A huge percentage of the visitors to your website from all round the world will have a PayPal account, that would make purchasing your product / service very easy. It is also very convenient for the seller because you can easily transfer money from your PayPal account to your bank account, in most countries.

3. AWorker

AWorker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Paypal is very well-known and easy to implement.

But it depends in what industry are you going to develop your bussines.Some like the adult one dont work with PayPal and you might want to try e-passporte or e-gold.Also,dont miss another well-known (mostly) european payment processor:Moneybookers.

4. untikoplus

untikoplus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree you must specify details, but reading what you wrote, I would say immediately PayPal since it's widely used, it's the most popular payment processor around. Now, some countries aren't allowed by PayPal, so considering the countries you want to cover is the availability of it and the payment processor you must accept.

5. rockage

rockage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like stated, it depends on your situation. I would say use paypal anyway. You usually get money faster through paypal, and paypal offers to send you checks. With paypal you can also get a credit card to spend you paypal account money. I would rather wait 2-5 days to get money on paypal then 8-10 weeks to get it in check form.

6. ManilaGurL

ManilaGurL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would go for Paypal as it is the easiest way to send and receive money in my country. Another payment method which was popular here before Paypal was allowed is e-gold. Though you will be needing a debit card to withdraw your money.

7. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Paypal is of course the most common way to buy online services/bid in auctions or buy anything you like.If you own an e-bussiness then Paypal is a must for you.Everyone knows that Paypal may be the safest way to buy things online,and having that payment option makes the customer more wiling to spend,since he knows you re not a scammer(he will send the extact money,won't give you his credit card number).

8. xtremeliquid

xtremeliquid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At this moment, I would have to say Paypal. Although I know for a fact that many people prefer to use a credit card simply because they don't have a Paypal account which is reasonable. However, it would be beneficial if you were to provide various payment methods for the buyers to choose from.

9. yen

yen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can choose to provide both paypal and e-gold. However, as in your case as a seller, it would be more advantageous to your side if they pay you by e-gold since there is no chance of a chargeback.

10. xtremeliquid

xtremeliquid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will probably have to look at it in both perspective which are the sellers and buyers. I've heard a lot of pros concerning E-gold, although I haven't used it yet. I highly recommend reading reviews about E-gold to see how they function and what others think about them.

11. Gsv13

Gsv13
    uix_expand uix_collapse

E-gold is so confusing means all the charges in terms of gold ..... nothing for credit card.
    Money bookers charge 2% for credit card and again 50eu cents all to buyer .... which will make it less favourable with buyer.
    So left is Paypal ... most popular one ..... only drawback is Chargeback .... however it is for buyer protection .... making them more confident to buy ..... also not everyone who buys from you will chargeback!
    Best of Luck for the new venture! :)

12. npguy

npguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, thats right. E-gold is too intricate for newbies, funding the account is really painful, plus slow. Paypal is best and fast payment processor, which offers chargeback as buyer protection.

13. pankaj

pankaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes of course.Paypal is the best online money taking and giving service.I also have an account and used it many times.I had sent my friends a big amount of money through it.And he recieved it successfully and then withdrawl it to his SBI bank account.