Payment gateways - Beyond the basics

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Sshadow, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Sshadow

Sshadow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

(I searched before I posted this so if I missed something that covered this forgive me please)

I am currently only using PayPal as a payment gateway. Although personally I trust and love PayPal I have seen time and time again some do not. I have been searching for an alternative for my customers. My basic parameters are no monthly fee and a low per sale % charge. Now I have looked around and it seemed Alert Pay was an answer to my woes however they consider my industry "web hosting" a "risky" business so they upped their charges to something like $.60 per transaction plus a % fee. Now I understand that all companies without a monthly fee will have a set charge amount plus a % but that is ridiculous considering my beginning package is $1.49.

So my main question after that long explanation is do you guys recommend any payment gateways besides PayPal or Google checkout that both do not charge monthly fees and that have reasonable "per transaction + %" fees? Especially ones that will not hike up the price just because you are a "beginner" basically?

Thanks for any feedback on this. I would really like to offer my customers at least 1-2 alternatives.

2. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can try 2co
    http://www.2checkout.com
    even they are good

There is no Payment gateways .That can really help you for monthly planes

That is reason many web-hosting company charge more when they want to pay monthly

They get pay less when they pay yearly

i think even u should apply this kind of stuff

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

2CO was also the first one that came to mind for me. Another option you could consider is http://www.authorize.net/, unfortunately they do have a monthly fee of $20.

4. businessappsguy

businessappsguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use authorize.net. They provide the best integration with your website.