Paying for SEO.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jerlene, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you guys pay for your website's SEO to get done, or do you prefer to do it on your own?

For me I don't trust people with my sites so I do all my own SEO work.

2. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is tough work. I am a very busy guy so I tend to pay people to do it.. Recently I built 1000 backlinks by paying someone.

3. AlanFort

AlanFort
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using my seo and linkbuilding skills for optimize my sites, but i giving a lot of money for linkbuilding services - social bookmarking service, link comments, etc.

4. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's easy to pay someone to do the work but I really can't trust anyone else but myself. If they ruin anything, even just my rankings, I could end up putting in more time, work and money to fix their mistakes.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to be the way you want it to be then you should do it on your own but if you don't have the time for that then you should hire someone to do the job.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i just do it on my own. I learn to SEO myself by reading things online and here in BAF.

7. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a DIY SEOer. I'm a UX Web Designer by trade and have been doing SEO for a few years. Now, I'm branching out into helping entrepreneurs with their online business :)

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer to do it on my own. If I do not know how to do things, I just search in the Internet and look for answers. It helps me learn more than just relying and wasting my money and time from SEO services that I am not sure of.

There are quality SEO services, but then it is quite hard to look for quality work at all.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

i would not recommend getting that many links at once. Usually, links in bulk are not the quality links Google and the other SE's are looking for.

Good point. We have also found that many times, we have had to fix mistakes other SEO firms have made. Once, we had to remove everything that a client's former SEO firm had done, and start over from scratch.

You're right about it being hard to find quality work. Learning a bit about SEO helps you know what questions to ask, and if the answers make sense, or the firm is telling you what you want to hear in order to take your money.

10. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nothing wrong with paying for it when you are new. At some point, though, you should be able to handle it yourself.

11. IvanRich

IvanRich
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    If i am new to internet marketing, i will definitely hire some company to do SEO for me.

12. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just investigate their track record and get good references!

13. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't outsource for complete SEO. But, I mostly outsource the backlinks part as in most of occasion I don't have enough time for it.

14. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Investing money is not problem as good seo return in back in days. But problem is finding and trusting on a quality person or company. Most what they do passing 2-3 months is not problem for them, and there are languages for first 3 weeks or month on onpage seo. And changing in your meta makes you down if you recently changed before hiring seo services. Next month passes in directory submission. and 3rd month article or use some tool to boost the traffic and so so if you got some result then you are lucky else he will ran away after collecting his monthly.Till now i have not faced with any good seo person

15. SaraMartin01

SaraMartin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't look at the amount of links instead see how quality ones did you get. I know some agencies/individuals who can even guarantee you more than 10,000 links but SEO isn't about getting links. It is about getting links from trusted websites or quality links coming from popular or reliable domains.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before I comment on your post, I need to make sure I understand what you meant to say.First you are apparently saying that a good seo program will provide a good ROI in days. I'm not sure what you mean by "languages" on on-page seo, but you are apparently saying that the on-page seo takes 3 weeks to a month. You then claim that changing your meta-tags will decrease your ranking if it is done before hiring an seo firm. Then, supposedly, it takes one month for directory submission, and a third month to submit one article to send links to the client's website.
    Okay, now for my comments. First, you will not see a substantial result from seo in days. Depending on how competitive the phrases are, you should see substantial upward movement in 3 months, and should start reaching the top of the SERP's in the next 3 months. If you have reached the top of the SERP's in 3 months for any of your phrases, you should start to stabilize in the next 3 months, and should be stabilized by the end of month 6. In any case, you will not see an increase in ROI until you reach one the top 5 positions for your keyword phrase(s), and the above numbers are estimates, not guaranteed.
    You left out the first step, which is finding the right keywords. That should take 7-14 days. Then, the on-page optimization starts. During on-page optimization, the meta-tags will be changed, if necessary, to reflect the keyword phrases. How long the on-page optimization takes will vary depending on the amount of work necessary, but it should not take 3 weeks to a month. At most, it should take about two weeks.
    Then comes the linking program. If an seo firm is taking an entire month to submit one article, they definitely should be avoided. Depending on the services purchased, a number of articles, blog entries, press releases, etc. should be written to send links to a client's website, which are then picked up by the SE's. I would not waste my time submitting to a large number of directories, although a few would not hurt too much.
    I hope I have cleared up the process for you, and any other readers.

17. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blog commenting, for me, has been fun and the results have been pretty good. Find blogs in your niche and don't spam!

18. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will never pay anyone again. I can spend 1 day a week doing SEO for all my sites and get better results than paying someone per month. I save about $500 a month which means on the day I so my seo, I just paid myself $150!

90% of the SEO people out there just linkblast and half those are crappy sites and the half dont stay. wast of money....

19. Alan2011

Alan2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i don't trust them too , so i do all the SEO job by myself ...

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure if your estimate is accurate, but you are right about many of the existing SEO people out there not being as skilled as they think they are - which makes it that much more difficult to find the 10% who do know what they're doing. I have seen members in this forum who have suggested that all people need to do is get their on site ranked in order to become an SEO expert, and have seen others who give out information that may no longer be accurate, even though it may have once been. Whenever I see these kinds of posts, I try to reply to them to set the record straight, and I've seen others do the same.

Depending on how competitive the phrases are, and the type of business you are in, it may be possible to do some of the SEO work yourself. However, for more competitive keywords, you could wind up spending more time on SEO than you do actually running your business - and you may not have the tools and resources to do enough work, and do it properly, to make it worthwhile. If you are spending too much time on SEO, and not getting the results you need, it may be time to consider hiring someone. On the other hand, if the SEO results you get are sufficient for you, you can continue doing it yourself, rather than risk getting one of the 90% that rjd1265 mentioned above.