partnership program.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Ramba Balakrishn, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Ramba Balakrishn

Ramba Balakrishn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi,
    could you please help me in framing a partnership program. i am to design a strategy to approach a credible client(how to find a credible one from a list of clients), give him the benefits he would expect(which i will have to find out) and retain him with the business.
    mine is a hardware product.
    can any one help me in this?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Ramba, thanks for joining.

Can you please give a little more info as to what you mean by a "partnership program". Are you trying to sell hardware products to a prospective client or are do you want to create a business relationship with them that goes deeper than that?

3. huntsiekfind

huntsiekfind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It was unclear to me too.

4. Ramba Balakrishn

Ramba Balakrishn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes.. i am selling a hardware product. i am trying to find channel partners. my channel partners are small players in the market (i.e small revenue earners or one who are restricted to a particular city/ village etc.). i need to give them some incentive to become my partner. so what could be a value proposition i could provide them with so that they would be willing to have partnership with my firm.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The primary concerns of the channel partners will be that your products will sell, that they can make a profit from them and that your company will be a reliable supplier who provides a great service and delivery schedule.

The first step for you would be to compile a list of the existing businesses that could potentially resell your products. Next identify the buyers within these businesses who have the decision making power to purchase and stock your product. Then contact these buyers with a view to making an appointment with them to present your products and business. Outline how your business is succeeding with your existing smaller channel partners and give evidence that you can scale up to work with larger players in the industry.

Do you feel that this kind of approach could work for your business?

6. Ramba Balakrishn

Ramba Balakrishn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perfect.. Thank You Fergal..
    but my concern is on what basis should i go for selecting the partners. their business size or revenue or based on what parameters should i select the final list of partners? since my product costs high and has multiple applications, i cannot call anyone and pitch in my product right. can you please through some light on this?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ramba I'd suggest that you spend some time thinking about and describing what kind of business would be your perfect client. What size of business would they be, what product ranges would they carry, where would the be located geographically, are they innovative as regards carrying new product lines, what size of store would they have, etc, etc? Then look through your list of prospects and concentrate on the ones that are closes in profile to your ideal client.

How does that sound, could that approach work for you?

8. Ramba Balakrishn

Ramba Balakrishn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes.. thank u..