Partner Wanted

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Ibvent, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Ibvent

Ibvent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,
    Please I'm in search of a partner to the tune of $8,000. I won a 2 year contract to be supplying granites to a construction company on monthly basis. The total start up capital is about $16,000. I have half of it. The monthly profit will be upto $4,000. Its urgent please. Spammers nt wanted pls.

#1 Ibvent, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  2. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Given you have the signed contract, it's difficult to imagine that you couldn't get traditional funding (business loan, expansion grants, etc.) on the back of it, especially given the extremely high estimated profit (although the use of "up to" and "monthly" without any detail on the number of months is alarming in itself).

Anyone posting on a public forum looking for funding, especially when using an anonymous public email address, will be treated with huge scepticism (and rightly so).

I'd suggest, if it is a genuine case (and I do acknowledge that funding of business operations is extremely difficult at the moment), you might have far more joy in trying to negotiate with the client to reduce the cost (i.e. take a hit on your profits and give them a significant discount) in return for them paying in advance of delivery. They have a vested interest in the deal, so if they can't/don't/won't trust you in the deal, I can't see how anyone else would/could.