Panda updates

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jacob_Thompson, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I happen to read that Google has rolled out it's 20th Panda updates. Can I have some idea, what is it exactly about?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, its done. I'm fall in many queries as well.

5. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The key to all of Google's updates is quality. The bar is being raised so it's getting more and more difficult to manipulate one's site into ranking. Original, unique, high-quality content that visitors love is the best defense against future algorithm changes. Make sure pages are fleshed out well, and don't be tempted to rely upon thin content - meaning short pages - and don't fall into bad habits like overuse of ads.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

However, there are also debates saying that Google is slowly turning into paid searches only and almost getting rid of organic searches. A debates that still continues to go on even nowadays as their updates become rampant over the web, hitting more websites.

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well the debate is already been going on maybe on the early 2010. But then what Google is trying to let people know is that they wanna offer organic searches but they also respect advertisers, hence the paid searches.

8. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't think Google is "slowly turning into paid searches only and almost getting rid of organic searches" (per Mark T). I believe that they are honestly trying to improve the organic searches.

Most of the sites that get pushed down in the SERPs are the ones getting a free ride from organic, so if Google moves the major companies up in the organic search, you might find that now those more established companies have less of a need to buy AdWords. That means that improving the search results may reduce advertising revenues.

In the long run, Google only prospers from selling ads on its search results if people still use Google for search, so it needs to keep its searches relevant. If someone else comes along and delivers better search results, history has show that people will gladly switch search engines.

9. serpplanner

serpplanner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there any recent Panda update?