Page Rank

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kobyparsons, Jan 21, 2014.

1. kobyparsons

kobyparsons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Guys, As an S.E.O, what is the importance of Page Rank on your daily task? And why do I need to find a high page rank?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This topic has been discussed at length in other threads here in the forum. Basically, PageRank is no longer as important as it once was. At least one of the members here ignores it. Just work on providing quality content on your website, and work on obtaining quality links.

• Like Like x 1
  3. simonwalker

simonwalker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no importance for the page rank anymore as it has no role in SERPS ranking, It can be just a attracting factor for you customers who have some basic know how and try to judge store on some basic factors like Page rank alexa etc

4. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ironically though, Matt Cutts has updated PageRank just last December (which is at a time after he mentioned they won't be updating PageRank anymore).

But yes, I agree with this. I would no longer treat it as that important as it once was.

5. kobyparsons

kobyparsons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you everyone, now i know that there is no important about the page rank.

6. David Parkes

David Parkes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In today's modern SEO, There is no value for PR anymore. If you would like to build backlink with good website then you need to keep some basic thing in your mind while creating links.
    Google gives importance to Domain Authority and Page Authority of the website and reputation of the site, according to Google. You need to check these thing before creating any backlink. For Checking Domain Authority and Page Authority of the website have a look at this http://smallseotools.com/domain-authority-checker/