Own or rent

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by theezy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. theezy

theezy Member

Money:
    $6
    Do you own or rent your home?

I am currently renting a duplex myself.

2. GeeOne

GeeOne Member

Money:
    $0
    I have heard western side people take the property (residential) on rent, where as in India I see people are more keen to have their own property.

For commercial property, most of the multinational company take the property on lease. May be they think they will have the flexibility in case of any change in rules or policy.

G!

3. Fergal

Fergal Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $38
    Ireland also has a strong tradition of home ownership. I own my own home, but unfortunately the Irish property market has collapsed in recent years and I have a lot of negative equity in my home. I would be in a better position financially if I had been renting and did not own a house.

4. youngkia1

youngkia1 Member

Money:
    $12
    Yes,renting is much better.

5. Fergal

Fergal Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $38
    The thing I don't like about renting is that you are paying someone else's mortgage. I like the idea of owning my own property and hope that some day in the future I will own it mortgage free.

6. eveadam

eveadam New Member

Money:
    $0
    I stay in a rented apartment. Tenants don’t have to bother about paying the housing taxes, loans. No need to worry about the property when there is a transfer. Pack your baggage and move to the next place.

7. saramartin

saramartin Banned

Money:
    $0
    Because the due to bad credit, mostly people do not like rental apartments but without any place you can.not stay safely. Property situation are very bad because of economic recession all over the world.

8. kylie2011

kylie2011 New Member

Money:
    $0
    I have been renting a flat for many years and I had to change the place for some many times, that i have decided to buy a flat. Of course it is not cheap and I am taking a loan with huge interest rates, but I won't change my pace of living so often.

9. Fergal

Fergal Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $38
    Buying your own place is a big step kylie2011, congratulations and good luck with it.

10. JPM

JPM Active Member

Money:
    $0
    Like wise. I hope to be mortgage free one day also. However i currently do both. I rent in Dublin with my Girlfriend, and also own a property in Sheffield (UK) - if i had a choice I would own a property here also but it's not that simple in Ireland is it Fergal!

11. Fergal

Fergal Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $38
    Certainly not at the moment JPM, the property market appears to be in free fall and it is extremely difficult for anyone to get a mortgage.

12. Beck

Beck New Member

Money:
    $0
    I'm currently renting but I hope to buy within the next year. Prices are so amazing right now and I'm a little bummed that we can't come up with a proper down payment at this time. It's pretty upsetting but it's something to look forward to :)

13. saramartin

saramartin Banned

Money:
    $0
    Well, you live and learn about renting of home. In my personal opinion If you are abroad or anywhere then your personal home is a best place for your peace. Mostly people in dubai particular visitors in Dubai, find rental apartment in Dubai which is good because after visit you may move from dubai easily but If you want to live there permanently or for a long period then you should purchase some Property in Dubai or any place.

14. hetalhet

hetalhet Member

Money:
    $0
    Well I have our own home as I live in India and here people are more conscious about owning home. If you ask any lower middle class that what is their goal, The most common answer you will get here in India is: To Have our own Home

15. Yanni

Yanni Member

Money:
    $0
    Rent! Don't have the cash to buy a home right now. And loans are hard to get in today's economy.

16. Blake123

Blake123 Member

Money:
    $0
    I own, but I'm not quite satisfied with the space, I thing my family really needs a bigger apartment,
    so now I'm working hard to afford it

17. Bwendo

Bwendo Member

Money:
    $0
    I own too but not for much longer - looks like my wife and I are splitting up! Am spending my nights at my warehouse - anyone selling a mattress?

18. Fergal

Fergal Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $38
    Sorry to hear that Bwendo, life is full of ups and downs, good luck with getting everything sorted.

19. bleepingdesign

Money:
    $1
    Here in India people try hard to own homes.There are few who like to live in rented homes. I own my own home

20. Fergal

Fergal Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $38
    anish sangamam I've had the good fortune to have spent some time in India, what area of India are you in?