Own Business

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by breeanne, Feb 13, 2008.

1. breeanne

breeanne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My major goal this year is to open my own work from home business. I am a qualified bookkeeper and I also do Business Administration. I have wanted to work from home for a long time but just havn't put the time and effort into it. Now that I have all kids at school this year I am going to make sure I live my dream. It may take some hard work but I am sure I will get there adventually.:) Anyone have any tips please be sure to let me know:)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi breeanne, welcome to our small business forum and thanks for sharing your goal with us.. As a qualified bookkeeper you should be able to pick up work from businesses in your local area. Please post any questions you have on marketing or promoting your business in our General Business Help & Discussion forum.

Have you built up contacts in your employment that may be interested in using your services when you become self employed?

3. BillGatesJr

BillGatesJr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are always welcome here. One advice from me is that you harness your online skills, learn the ways of the cyber jedi.:D

4. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is actually a very good idea and you must implement it as soon as possible.
    You are a qualified bookkeeper and you want to start your home business.I can suggest you to build a small website for this business and then you can put your offers,qualities,services etc. on it and then you may get customers from different places and this will helpful for your business.

5. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Go for it. Do it, do it, do it!!!!

The main thing to remember, is that your site is your 24/7 brochure, whether you are planing on starting locally or globally.

6. johny2006

johny2006
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always deliver more than required...then your business, what ever it may be, will sure succeed..
    Most businesses fail because they think only for themselves.. Think like your customer , imagine you in their place and go ahead. success is yours...

• Like Like x 2
  7. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

johnny, that is so true, you are spot on.

8. Slacker

Slacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck with your business. I hope to one day open a online business as well, on what, I have yet to decide :)

9. superbike

superbike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Build up your networks preferably with those who have experienced dealing with you in your current employment plus you should get and read many books on how to attract more traffic to your websites.

Most importantly, if you ask me, I’m quite prefer to have a personal coach who can show me the best way to do and to correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyway, I'm also looking for easy things to do which can get much profit over the internet. My current internet jobs kill my time which I supposed to share it with my family