Outsourcing of Blogging

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Cosoft, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Cosoft

Cosoft
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging is now so prevalent that even a primary student knows how to utilize it to express his thoughts and feelings. For visionary entrepreneurs, blogging is seen to be a mean of marketing. With the popularity of blogs, it had proven its advantages and its superiority as advertisement, e.g. interactivity. Through blogging, one can interact with customers and showcase of value being provided, which makes up for the deficiency of advertisement.
    Can you believe that blogging can also be outsourced? With the enlargement of scope and growing of focus degree of blogging as a marketing tool, the concept of “blogging outsourcing” appears. Someone may wonder why. It’s such a simple thing! Yes, it seems not complicated but pretty significant. It is a form of marketing, being relevant with an enterprise’s value proposition. What’s important is that blogging is not just writing but exposure of the enterprise’s culture.
    Blogging calls for the following basic qualifications: literal ability, professional knowledge (such as cosmetics), management practice, awareness and ease application of internet. That’s to say, the blogs posted must arouse people’s desire to read, only by which the blog has the value that it possessed. It’s not that easy to find someone in a company to handle this job; though there is someone, he must be rounded by hands of complex routine affairs. Then “blogging outsourcing” emerges properly.
    According to the reality, this kind of outsourcing is a wise choice for small/medium-sized enterprise in that it not only costs little but brings obvious value. At the same time, it saves internal staff a good chunk of time to work on more important things. Blogging outsourcing has become an irresistible trend. Considering these, Why not join the army of outsourcing blog marketing?

2. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think so. Blogs used to be a personal journal but when most people saw that it has a good earning potential, almost every opportunities were grabbed.

3. MarkAse

MarkAse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think everyone has to decide the positives and negatives for their own business. If your online presence if only in its infancy and you have opportunities to speak with customers face to face, finding a good outsourcer is pretty easy and really cheap ($5 a blog, or less).

That being said, we find that since we're an online only business, the only interaction we have with potential customers is through our blogs, Twitter, FB and other social media. Given our situation, we don't feel comfortable outsourcing because it is the only way to get our message out.

4. mackey

mackey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A blog makes you look like an expert. You're providing helpful information every day or week to site visitors. Over time, they will begin to trust you and to view you as an expert on whatever subject your specialize in. You can write about the latest trends in your industry, about new things you're learning, etc.

Another blog benefit is increased search engine rankings. By using a variety of keywords in your different blog entries, you'll have the chance of increasing exposure and ranking of your site considerably. You can have hundreds of blog entires, each with a different keyword.

5. Philippines

Philippines
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its not easy to outsource a blog's content. The writer must really be able to give the tone that you want the reading public to hear.

6. oliverbeckham

oliverbeckham
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with that. If you are planning to outsource a blog's content, make sure you've got the right person to do the blogging for you. They say that good bloggers write whatever comes to their minds. For me blogging is a learning process. It requires diligence, Internet awareness, hardwork, and most of all...a passion for writing.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Outsource blogger is very common, many "blog owner" are busying on other "work", and they prefer to pay for writer to do the research and write the article for them. However, the blog owner will still go through the article. And yes, i'm one of the "blog owner" but seldom write article...lol

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with that. If your blog is going to have a less personal tone and just be a collection of articles and how-to's, it would be fine. If you plan on expressing opinions though, you best be 110% sure that your blogger will speak exactly as you would if you were there.

I think it's far too dodgy because once it's out there under your name, you can't take it back and say it was your outsourced blogger that did it. Now a compromise could be if they posted article-type blog posts only, and you wrote anything that even resembled an opinion yourself.

Also, language styles can be very different. Can they really imitate your way of communicating and remain undetectable? I'm not convinced. I would rather have them blog as a contributor under their own name than use mine.