Outsourcing a Call Center for Telemarketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by cassey, Dec 5, 2011.

1. cassey

cassey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How effective is it to outsource a call center to help us in our telemarketing campaigns? Does anyone know the success rate and its ROI?

Thank you...

Cassey
    small business owner from IOWA

2. fred.chua

fred.chua
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Cassey

Outsourcing the telemarketing work to a call center is very effective because an experienced call center will know how to run the operations efficiently by looking at performance reports, list penetration reports, and agent productivity reports. Experienced call centers will know that for a telemarketing process to work, it’s not an instant success, but, a gradual improvement process through continuous feedback methodology. It is not enough to simply get agents with good communication skills, as, it’s also critical to do regular coaching and mentoring sessions with the agents through quality assurance scorecards, and, providing the right motivation and leadership to maintain consistent results. The success on a broad range of outbound processes depends on many factors that are practically impossible to guarantee. With a well structured contact center managing the outbound operations, implementing continuous improvement methodologies by managing productivity, providing motivation, and, leading with results, will be the key to its success.

Fred Chua

3. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It`s a nice idea. There are lots of businesses that are working in the same line. Outsourcing has become an essential part of online marketing because you can not fulfill the requirements of it by your own self. So, I would like to appreciate your planning. Most of the companies have been invested in it and earned a handsome amount from it.

4. Ricky V.

Ricky V.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you considered setting up a virtual call center? If you have human resources that would be willing/capable to do that kind of job is probably worth a try, as you would spare money that could be invested otherwise. I mean, outsourcing the service is sometimes the only option, depending on what´s your core business, but now that most computing services are going on the cloud, it might be the ideal setup, especially if you have a small business. In the end, it´s much better to keep everything under one roof, so to speak, if you can afford it.

5. deliah

deliah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely - a good telemarketing company or call centre offering a telemarketing service will work tirelessly on your behalf to construct a campaign which is suitable for your business or your product. They have the right, top of the range technology which will enable you to recieve proper feedback and see if you are hitting your targets and aims. Do not underestimate how much skill, time and effort it takes to carry out telemarketing effectively. If done wrong it is a waste of time and resources. THIS is why you should leave it in the capable hands of an experienced telemarketing or call centre company. alldayPA telemarketing service is a good place to start.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing you should do is to find a professional and start researching about call center companies that started to outsourced for their telemarketing campaigns.
    Know where they started, what they had started and try to compare with your own plans.

Of course, with the help of the professional you hired to help you, you could both start a brainstorming or experimental way in starting out your outsourcing plan. If such things works, then you should probably start deeper on investing on it.

7. perfectionj

perfectionj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Outsourcing call center for telemarketing is not always effective until there is not right strategy for choosing right call center. I will always prefer to outsource call center in Philippines for best, quality and cost efficient call center services for telemarketing.

8. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Find the right country to put up your business to. Make sure they will be as passionate as you are since your name is on the line.

9. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Telemarketing is really effective to promote and increase sales for your business. But do a little research on what BPO company you may consider.

10. kenny

kenny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Outsourcing can be a great way to help manage your leads without paying for all the in house employees. If you get the right call center they can be an asset to your company because they will help you to sort out the serious customers through telemarketers or leads that don't really want what you have to sell. A call center service can make sure your calls are always answered live (make sure you get one that is 24/7/365). Make sure the call center is based where your clients are. Your callers will respond better to someone that sounds like they are in the same country vs. not. To find a good one Google "Live Answering Service" and the first companies listed in the search engine (without paying to be there) is probably a good place to call and ask questions. Stick with ones that have upfront pricing on their websites, rather than trying to hide it. Also... never go with a call center than offers unlimited plans... they are able to charge you an unlimited price because they don't have to worry about paying a lot of employees, which means your calls won't be answered very promptly. Go with someone that offers quality, not the lowest price because you will pay dearly for it.

11. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Telemarketing campaign and outsourcing...good approach...but what is your country and native language....this will decide whether the accent and tone of the outsourcing country can satisfy your customers....

Better you find outsource job work in your country alone.....

12. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am curious since I am not that very familiar with call center jobs at all though there are many jobs here in the Philippines that are outsource telemarketing campaigns.
    The thing I am curious about is if "accent" is really the biggest factor on this job? Isn't it not the accent but the way a person "clearly speaks English / or the language needed" that helps the individual be understood by the customer / client and they they are able to well execute their responsibilities as agents?

Thanks,
    Mark T.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I worked in the contact centre industry for a few years Mark. My experience was that accent is not a major issue, provided that the person has good English, as you say yourself and that they can be clearly understood.

• Like Like x 1
  14. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Fergal that BPO with back support service and telemarketing are two different jobs catered by both the call centres.....

Telemarketing is something where you have to gain customer trust and confidence without physically meeting them....then only they will buy your product OR invest money in your product....

Personally I will not feel comfortable if I can not understand comfortably and clearly what is the person saying...for eg...great difference between " British Accent" and " American accent" English.....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well then, I guess the difference comes to the "needs" of the job itself.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Scifi, I do understand the difference. I have personally known people who were very successful in call centres, even though they had a different accent than the people they were dealing with on the phone.

• Like Like x 1
  17. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

personal and work experience always have edge over observation....thanks for sharing this with practical view point....regards

• Like Like x 1
  18. janerivera

janerivera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Find a business outsourcing partner. Choose a company that shares your common goals and values. There's a company that I'm working with Global TeleForce, you can check out their website. The company provided me comprehensive and ongoing training, as well as overall professional development for all employees, at all levels of the corporate ladder in relation to your outsourced campaign.

19. Merlin Denholm

Merlin Denholm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am always looking to outsource my telesales.

20. janerivera

janerivera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most owners prefer to outsource their callcenter business so they can focus on the core areas of their business. It will be easier for the CEO to formulate the marketing and consumer relations strategies with telemarketing outsourcing involved.