Our opinions count for the success & failure of Google Plus

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Andym, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

MySpace had already put their weapons down, sold out for $35Million... now we have Google Plus in the race... I have been using it and It didn't make me feel "WOW! this is the best way to communicate & hang around on the internet"... I think that Google Plus will fail to beat Facebook. According to my experience the Facebook Apps, Fan Page, Design & popularity is what makes them the best social media network. Perhaps, Google failed consider these features... Google plus have no Applications & Pages or groups for members & businesses.

How was your experience with Google Plus?

2. Vetty

Vetty
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I will wait a little bit longer until Google+ becomes more established. If you think about what Facebook was like in the beginning, it wasn't much. It took time and they became more innovative. I think, if Google+ get past the first hurdle and actually hang around (as opposed to Buzz), then I think they will have some unique touches which Facebook does not have.

So I'm going to wait a little bit until I can judge it.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've been lucky enough to receive an invite but when I visit Google + I get the message "Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon." I do look forward to getting in and seeing what I think of it then.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems you had a big expectation on Google+ that left you disappointed...
    Anyways, the site is just new and it could take time for it to be able to compete with Facebook. They definitely have something in store for users in the future. I don't think they will give it away already in the launch. The site haven't been public iirc.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you mean "if I remember correctly", or something else?

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally agree with you, google is good but they might fail on google *1, just as they fail on google wave and google answer. Google can't take over Facebook like by implementing google plus

7. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Google plus button is kind of a joke. Facebook will fade in time and something, probably Google will start to replace it

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. That's it. Sorry to confuse you.

I can see Google +1 as another type of button, similar to the work of bookmarking tools. What made you think it's a joke?
    Is it because webmasters can easily abuse the service?

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agree with you, another failure from google after google answer and google wave

10. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you that they might come up with something new in the near future. However, are people going to use it frequently? Because after Facebook people joined and used Twitter because it provided altogether a different way of communication and function, which was innovative and thats what made them successful. But I can see the basic features of communication and networking in Google+ so far is almost similar to Facebook. But then again, we can hope for something new that Google might add to it & turn the tables.