Other methods of link building for SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GekiDan, Nov 22, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Apart from the usual blog comment and forum signature link building campaigns, what are other ways of link building on optimizing our sites off-page?

2. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Directory Submission, Social Bookmarking, Guest Posting, Article Submission, Classified Ads, Yahoo Answer etc

3. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays you can build quality links by,
    Guest Posting
    Review submission
    Article Submission

4. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest to do Guest Posting, Web 2.0 and Press Release (for company news), and Share to social platforms.

5. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create a blog - Creating content on a consistent basis not only builds links internally (by linking out from your posts), but also gives you the ability to naturally attract links to your content.A blog is essential to many strategies I list below, such as linking out. You absolutely need a blog in today's online environment to survive.

Create an RSS feed - If your blog is run on any of the popular Content Management Systems, you'll already have an RSS feed. If you don't, create one. If you do, burn it at Feedburner.com so you can get statistics on your subscribers. For link building, it's simple. There are sites out there that will scrape your content (stealing it without permission). When they do, make sure you get a link back by 1) including links to other pages on your site in your posts and 2) installing the RSS footer plugin for WordPress (adds a link to your blog after every post).

Resources/Links pages - Other webmasters have created links or resource pages, and these are legitimate opportunities to get links. If the links on that page are relevant, you've got a chance. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as just asking for a link. I'll go into specific strategies below that help you get webmasters liking you before you ask, because doing that greatly increases your chances of getting a link.

Get people to see your content - People won't link to your content unless they see it. At the same time, you need the right people in front of your content – not everyone is a potential linker. This is where social media, content marketing, and brand awareness comes into the link building realm. Getting people to see and know your content & brand is a massively important strategy to build links. Below I'll go into specific strategies to make this happen.

Infographic submissions - If you've created an infographic, you can easily submit them to infographic directories or blogs.

Writing testimonials - This one is HUGE. Right now, list any services or products you've bought recently. As long as it's not a product or service from a massive company (i.e. Walmart), there's a good chance you can get a link in exchange for a testimonial.

Complete guides/resources - Creating evergreen resources that are complete guides on a subject are fantastic. This complete list of link building strategies is my attempt at one. Why? Because when people need to explain an entire topic, they'd love it if they could refer to just one resource, and not a group of them.

Source: http://pointblankseo.com/link-building-strategies

OoOps! I'm sorry I copied and pasted all those contents. I just did that so that you will be more interested to what's inside that link above. :D Enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
  6. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google algorithm change according to user need, when more people relied on local maps and social media, Google makes it as part of ranking metrics.

Beside link building, you may spend time on G+ author profile building, map and places promotion e.g. Bing map, FourSquare, MapQuest, Google places.

Google can grab any serounding text as keywords, not necessary must be a link and achor text.
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/predicti...l-be-replaced-by-cocitation-whiteboard-friday

• Like Like x 1
  7. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You can follow the method of link building,

1) Join forums, forums are a great way to achieve links to your website. In most forums you are allowed to have a signature and in your signature you can put a link to your website.
    2) Submit to search engine directories. Article submission, social bookmarking, blog posting, social networking is a good way to get a backlink and traffic to your website.

8. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Off page is a Technique to bring more back links to our site. The best link building method starts from
    Off-page Activities

01) Directory Submission
    02) Social Bookmarking
    03) Blog Commenting
    04) Forum Commenting
    05) Posting Stories in relevant blog websites
    06) Submitting Articles in relevant article websites
    07) Press Releases in relevant press releases website
    08) RSS feed generation and submissions
    09) Review Submissions
    10) Q & A Submissions
    11) Video Submissions (Video Provided by Client)
    12) E-Book Submissions
    13) Social Networking
    14) 1 or 3 Way links
    You have to do everything in relevant of your site. This is the best way to get traffic, and you will get more benefit from there.

9. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to bring update you that Off Page is really a big world on the web since i read a post of poinblankseo post about link building strategies. I was shocked when i gone through entire list of strategies to gain back links and bran visibility of my website. If you want see entire list of link building strategies then visit here, pointblankseo.com/link-building-strategies

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How much weight do Yahoo Answers links give to your site's SEO? I know I have done some before, but I rarely get traffic from them.
    When it comes to article submission, don't most of these article directories got hit by the Panda update?

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

"Article Submission" does not necessarily mean "article directories". Submitting the same article to a large quantity of websites via an article directory means the same article is sending links from multiple sources, which can be seen as artificial by Google. However, if an article is submitted only once to a networking site, such as LinkedIn or Biznik, these links come from respected websites, and therefore have more value.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I submit an article on LinkedIn? Are they niche specific, or only accepts articles from certain niches?

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you are not yet a member, you need to join. You can then join one or more groups related to your business or industry. After joining the group(s), you can submit an article within the group.

14. mankarki

mankarki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Other methods are below:
    forum posting ,article submission,directory submission, etc.

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do those links get indexed as well?

16. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely brilliant answer, I couldn't have said it any better! :)

17. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also add doc submission to the list.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Micheal, what do you mean by "doc submission"?

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you give us a site example where we can submit that?

20. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guest posting, Blog commenting, Directory Submission, Social Bookmarking, Article Submission, Classified Ads, Yahoo Answer etc is the best off-page link building technique.