.org and .edu Links!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TimB, Mar 4, 2013.

1. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

Can some one help me with .org and .edu links? How can I get a black-link from such Domains?

Thank-you!

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can find relevant sites with such tld's and ask if they allow guest blogging that might be a way. Otherwise there are sites which sell text links but that might not be what you want.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest that you don't specifically focus on getting links back from sites on .edu or .org domains. Instead try to find quality sites that might be interested in linking to you, regardless of what domain they are on, then contact them directly and ask them if they will add your link to their sites.

One way of identifying good sites is to try to find sites that are linking to your competitors. For example if I were to find sites with a list of webmaster forums, I would contact their webmasters and ask them if they would be interested in adding BAF to their list.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right, but for what reason they will add your link ? (Unless, you pay for it)

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

One reason they would add your link is because you have provided information that they find helpful, or that visitors to their site will find helpful. It's too easy to accept a link from someone because they are paying you for it, but how valuable, really, is that link. Getting back to the subject of the thread, I also agree that going after specific domains is not a good idea - some large companies have learned that the hard way.

6. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal, you should not focus on .edu, .org, or .gov links instead focus on other quality sites. But if you really want links from such sites, then you can get it by doing blog commenting on such sites blogs

7. cupid

cupid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

do google search for <your keyword> inurl:.edu

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well. You can have those kind of links if you are connected with a certain government body. For example, my other website that I'm SEOing got a lot of backlinks from .gov's because they are offering government-approved courses. To make sure that the students know that we're legit, they can check their state government site for the list of websites they approved.

But if you just like to have a free link back from .edu/.gov you can find those using cupid's suggestion.

or by using:

keyword site:.gov or keyword site:.edu

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The hardest backlink to acquire i think is from the edu site unless you have a page discussing a particular subject that they might find useful for them such as detailed topic about Physics or trigonometry. Maybe emailing a professor who works in a university and has a blog will help.

10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually if you are connected (if you are a student or a professor) with a school you can ask for a blog (I'm not sure how do they exactly get it...) Of course, you need to make sure that what you post is totally inline with the schools guidelines and policies using their blog.

Or if you got really good content you can contact a blog owner of a .edu blog and ask for a link back. You can also do this if he mentions you in a post.

11. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are always a Great Help ... but can the other links give me the same advantage as these links do (.edu and .org)

12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Probably. Can't remember if ever I've seen universities providing blogs though and if there is, spammers might have been there storming it with their links. How much impact can we expect if we have a link from an .edu site by the way?

13. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure why most of the seo person targetting .gov and .org links. Its just another tld for a community. there is nothing special in it unless it is related to your industry and have some authority. Just .edu link will not give any boost.

14. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agree with this. .edu and .org have just the same value as .com and other TLDs out there. Google is smart enough to determine that you are only building those kinds of links to manipulate rankings.

Joeroxx and Fergal already gave good advice. The best thing you can do is to provide good information within your site and reach out for those related websites and ask link backs.

15. kavya

kavya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think backlinks from edu domains have a better value than .com,and orgs. But backlinks from a niche authority websites count more rather than any random edu and gov domains.

16. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go for identifying the quality sites and adding quality contents into it. Vague content addition is of no use for getting rank with . org and .edu sites.