Optomize your site navigation to increase traffic?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by RestOwner, May 14, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone tried doing this?

"A website can often be lacking a proper site navigation. Having the pages with the proper keywords is one thing, but getting visitors to click on those pages is another matter that can lack poor performance.

Therefore, you need to optimize your site navigation.

Think about how visitors are using your website. After a visitor has landed on a certain page, they have the trend to click on another page that sounds appealing. They get there because of the other links that appear on a page that they initially landed on. It's all about enabling visitors to move about your site. "

http://rapidmoneynow.blogspot.com/2010/05/optimize-your-site-navigation-to.html

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since I'm using Blogger, it has no feature like that in Wordpress that you can put blog posts into categories. But I manage to get that and have my entries labeled into main and sub-categories. You can see it on the sidebar of my blog. All listed there are main categories, in which I think is the most organized and optimized categories that I have.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agreed that optimize site navigation can improve the click through rate but there is something wrong with your tittle since it can never increase the traffic.

4. Chanwho

Chanwho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A better way of optimising your navigation would be to use a tool such as clickheat (http://www.labsmedia.com/clickheat/index.html), this shows you where your users click, which means you'd be able to see which of your navigational links are the most popular and which are the least popular in the form of a heatmap.

You then run A/B split test to increase the popularity of the least clicked through links.

5. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a pretty neat blog going on there, looks like you've doing great stuff with it. thanks for the tip on entries labeled into main and sub-categories, I'll keep that in mind.

yeah, that's why the ? at the end jeje

thanks for link! :)