Optimus Media

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by FB92, Mar 19, 2013.

1. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OP is a work in progress. It's layout and connection to phpBB done, as well as content pages added.

Anyone want to review it?

http://optimusmedia.co.nz

I'm looking more for feedback about the site itself as the forum still needs a bit of work done on it. Though the connection from the main site to the forum has been complete.

2. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have three big points I would like to bring across regarding the design:
    1 - The logo. I can't make a connection between your logo, your logotype, and the design of the forum. It is probably because it isn't a professional font. If you are going to use that type of font, you can't just put it in without any effects. Custom fonts like that require delicate text effects to make it fit better. I would recommend though a different font with some shadows, etc.
    2 - The Social Media Buttons. First off, I'm unsure of why Marvel needs to be there. You probably have a reasoning though for it. However, as it is now, it looks like the odd thing out. While it is good that your Facebook and RSS are uniform in design, they seem to elaborate and unnecessary. If however you want to stick to that style of buttons, you need to make a Marvel one.
    3 - Nav tree in footer. This isn't needed if you have menu buttons. That text seems to be randomly there.

Those are the things I would fix. A possible change though that could look good, perhaps you should look into what silver looks like on the forum. It seems like your theme is extremely dark, and the silver would create a nice contrast. It may/may not work, but regardless if implemented right I could see it working.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alan Robinson

Alan Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Quacker Jack. The logo looks like you threw it together in hurry. The font does not match the site and its just plain white. The icon in the logo has nothing to do with media. Id suggest something such as a TV.

The social media buttons are way to large, Try something smaller from findicons.com.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First thing that catches my eye in your website is the Logo. It's very impressive. Nice background! Nice icons for Facebook and RSS Feed. I wish all the best for your site! Keep it up!

5. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Completely understandable about the logo. It was just something I came up with quickly. I will improve it.

As for the icons I feel having it the same height as the logo makes the header look neater. Marvel is just there as a placeholder right now, doesn't really bother anyone except for how it looks - so will update that. Twitter will eventually go there.

Footer nav is there for people to access our legal pages quickly. But I guess I can do some changes around that.

6. Bobby

Bobby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Couple of things:

- Not 100% sure what the site is about, I think you should try and clearly state giving visitors an idea right away.

- In the newsletter, tell them what they can get for signing up. The better the value, the more signups.

Bobby

7. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks.

The site has been updated recently with new changes to the sidebar and new posts :D

Also a new games section has been added.