Optimizing multiple pages of the same website for the same keywords

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kpkarthik, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can I optimize multiple pages of the same website for the same keywords? Will it affect my website ranking on search engine?

#1 kpkarthik, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  2. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is not at all a good idea as such. Normally when ever the keyword count is more then to adjust those, webmasters look out for creating multiple pages and not getting stuck to one keyword for multiple pages. Go in a natural process and the result will automatically come up with.

3. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, you can still use the same keywords, as long as it's more natural looking.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have heard in the past that Google does not like the same company and/or website monopolizing the rankings for branded keywords. For example, "Zinavo Technologies" would come up multiple times for their name (considered a "branded" keyword), but for a phrase like "Website Design Company India", Google does not want them to come up multiple times, so that searchers will have a variety of companies to choose from. Optimizing multiple pages for the same keyword would mean you are trying to get multiple listings on page one for that keyword, which Google doesn't like. Therefore, I would not recommend it.
    By the way, I changed your thread title and question because you had it backwards. You are optimizing the page for the keyword, not the keyword for the page. I also changed "It will" to "Will it" because you are asking a question, not making a statement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would just create the pages to optimize for different keywords. Focus each page on an individual keyword instead.

6. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the enlightenment joeroxx, I thought what he's meaning is that to use the same keywords on the pages of the same website, hmm, thanks for pointing out some examples also. :)

7. midnightblur

midnightblur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can do that and it's not violate with Google policy. In fact, there're many cases that one website can have high rank for several pages with the same keyword. However, if your site is not really strong, you should focus on only 1 page so you have better chance to get rank

8. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it will confuse the search engine crawler, and it cannot decide that which page is important for a particular keyword. Wherever I know you should target different keywords on different pages.

9. MeenaBhattachary

MeenaBhattachary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, dude, I am not satisfied with your answer. Because, if you use the same keywords for all the pages, then it might be happened Google can consider it spammy contents or URL. And the crawler of SERP may be confused or banned your website.

10. digitalsignagesg

digitalsignagesg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am ranked twice on the keywords. No.1 is me, No.2 is me as well. I don't think you can have more than 2 sites ranked on the same page on google. I could be wrong though.

11. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it's a good idea to use the same pages for the all the keywords, Google will penalize the site because it will think that its a duplicate content which has used for all the pages. So avoid all this then follow the Google guidelines, from one page you can target three to four keywords not more than that.

12. matthewgayle

matthewgayle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not a good idea to optimize multiple pages of the same website for same keywords. Is your all keywords related to same theme or different theme?

13. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Optimizing multiple pages for the same keyword can be detrimental. This can lead to "keyword cannibalisation", where pages are forced to compete with each other for the same query. This can result in lower overall rankings. Ideally each page should be optimized for a different keyword.

14. GoldFather

GoldFather
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This is actually a solid seo strategy. You should have a few pages that are geared towards similar keyword optimization, and another group geared towards different keywords. The internal linking should be stronger between the pages with similar keywords. Also, this internal linking should utilize the keywords they are optimizing for their specific page or grouping of pages. Good question.

15. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can say it is not a good idea doing so you can create one unique landing page for a keywords and it doesn't make any sense to target same keyword in multiple pages as it also confuses search engine to show the relevant result.

16. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I feel keywords on different pages may compete with each other and lower your ranking. Google will penalize you for this. If you have more number of keywords wile doing your research, you them wisely on different content pages. Do not over populate.
    Generally follow having 1 page - 1 conversion goal - keywords variation to talk the same. This is easy to SEO, easy to target and reap well tracked good results.

17. tuitionbean

tuitionbean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like if you are doing SEO for the same keywords for different pages, you risk having duplicate content. And that, as I know, results in Google penalty.

18. melisalissa05

melisalissa05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the time it's cannibalistic to try and rank multiple pages for the same terms. It's always best to map a particular keyword to its own individual page, and then make sure that the content on that page appropriately addresses the theme of the keyword being targeted.

19. PaulLejoy

PaulLejoy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is not best practices to optimize multiple pages for the same keyword. It's called "keyword cannibalisation" and it's a very old issue in SEO. Keyword cannibalisation reduces your chances of ranking well, and can even damage your whole domain’s chances if it is widespread throughout the website.

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.