Optimization, really?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by CashAware, Sep 3, 2015.

1. CashAware

CashAware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ah, lala. I wonder if these days, the optimization of SEO is really needed, or rather, really useful. After all, these days, thee focus gets more and more about content and smart utilization of a webpage space than any real search engine special optimization. Sure, you may give emphasis to some keywords, but it is also to be found more easily by users. So, it is directly for search engines?

Also, the focus is more on quality of the content, than the backlink. Once again, backlinks helps, but if you try to game too much the system, you will be more left aside than anything. Basically, you have to do subtle things to win and get highers in the SERP.

What I want to communicate is, I feel like that now, SEO persons are more doing a mix of a web developer and of a PR person than anything directly related to the search engine itself. They will advice you to make a clearer and better structured website, to give clearer headlines, sometimes shorter headlines, and then to talk better to what people care about.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is getting to be the IN thing as if the life of the website solely depends on it. To me, what's more important are the loyal followers of the website. And with the SEO thing, a unique but meaningful and interesting name and description of the website greatly helps in the rankings. With the properly structured website, their only concern is the name of the webpages since those names are taken into consideration with the searching.

3. CashAware

CashAware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't go that far given there was already another topic on the usefulness of SEO experts and while I think the SEO job has changed, the knowledge needed is still enough to ask for someone. Much like you ask for a handyman while DIY a wood furniture is possible without asking many many hours, it still requires you time and knowledge, and tries and errors. Much like you would have to learn the analysis of the behavior on the website and so on.

However, SEO has changed a lot. It is more focusing about the quality of the website today than getting backlinks.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The quality of the website is undoubtedly important, both from a content point of view and whether or not the search engines can understand exactly what you need them to do with the website. Focusing too much on the quality of the content, which some have done, leads website owners to believe that they don't need SEO providers anymore. As you pointed out, there are other things "under the hood" that SEO providers know about that the average business owner does not.

5. Apollyon

Apollyon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"SEO" will always be important but the meaning of it will change. The primary goal is to get inbound traffic and to rank highly. So right now you want an intuitive responsive site that has good content that doesn't have a high bounce rate.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is dead since a while back, http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/245521

Actually the rules of the search engine ranking have changed, so anyone doing SEO the old way will hardly get the same results that they used to have in the past.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

No, SEO is not dead. Yes, it has changed and evolved, but it is not even close to being dead. The "old way" of doing SEO should be dead, but there are still some providers keeping it on life support. But, as long as providers adapt and change as the search engines change, SEO will not die, no matter how many people claim that it has died.