Opinions on WINDOWS 7

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by ardit, Oct 9, 2009.

1. ardit

ardit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you guys think of Microsoft's new OS: WINDOWS 7?
    It seems pretty amazing, i tried one of it's release candidates on a virtual desktop server, but I'm not very sure about using it on my main desktop PC.

2. cmeonline

cmeonline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows 7, it is the modified version of Windows Vista i had read in a magazine.. They just modify the Vista and named as Windows 7.. Correct me if i am wrong..

3. jagoan

jagoan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My opinion if you have vista hold it until Windows 7 service bundle arrives out to rectify all the bugs. All operating systems have uneven starts.

4. weltkind

weltkind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They failed to make Vista good, so they made Seven :D It looks nice, but i don't really like it as a system. I tried it when it was just released, so maybe now they have enhanced it, but at that time I didn't like it because it didn't have a compatibility with many programs i was using.

5. Artee

Artee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm using Win7 at the moment and yes it looks like a little bit improved Vista.
    Though I would say it really is more similar to XP than to Vista. However if you are used to XP, it won't be easy to use 7 at first. Win7 loads faster than Vista, has less unwanted processes starting and has more integrated drivers (you won't need to do almost anything after you install Win7).

6. merlinsorca

merlinsorca
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never tried Windows 7 yet, but according to the posts above me this OS is an improvement of Windows Vista.
    I've never liked Vista, so I think I will just stick with my Windows XP. These days I don't really understand why we need so many windows...

7. irahat

irahat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Microsoft looks to rebound with Windows 7

[​IMG]

Microsoft Corp launched Windows 7 on Thursday (October 22), its most important release in more than a decade, aiming to win back customers disappointed by Vista and strengthen its grip on the PC market.

The world's largest software company, which powers more than 90 percent of personal computers, has received good reviews for the new operating system, which it hopes will grab back the impetus in new technology from rivals Apple Inc and Google Inc.

"There's not much that gets me more fired up than the chance to start selling and delivering," Ballmer told a packed audience at the Windows 7 launch in New York. "You will be unbelievably impressed."

The new system -- which is faster, less cluttered and has new touch-screen features -- comes almost three years after the launch of Vista, whose complexity frustrated many home users and turned off business customers.

The success of Windows -- which accounts for more than half of Microsoft's profit -- is crucial for Chief Executive Steve Ballmer to revive the company's image as the world's most important software firm.

"Our flagship product is certainly Windows. It's installed on over a billion computers worldwide, and there will be 300 million new computers sold this year, and I think Windows 7 is a chance for us to let the PC be, not only more interesting, but also more simpler and faster for the many, many hundreds of millions who use them," Ballmer told Reuters afterwards.

Ballmer and other executives demonstrated a range of new devices showing off Windows 7, from ultra-slim laptops to large touch-screen computers, highlighting a new Kindle book-reading application from Amazon.com Inc and live-streaming CBS television shows.

Microsoft is charging $199.99 (USD) for the Home Premium version of Windows 7, or $119.99 (USD) for users seeking to upgrade from older versions of the operating system -- well below comparable prices for Vista.

It also has a range of offers in conjunction with retailer Best Buy Co Inc and PC makers such as Dell Inc and Acer Inc.

For the first time, shoppers will be able to buy PCs loaded with the software direct from a branded Microsoft store, with the first of a planned chain set to open on Thursday in Scottsdale, Arizona.

The U.S. holiday season will soon reveal whether consumer PC sales get a kick from Windows 7, but success with corporations -- the key to Microsoft's financial power -- will not be clear until next year, analysts say.

"Windows 7 has been characterized by many people from a major release for Windows to something like a minor update for Windows Vista, but I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Microsoft have done many changes to Windows 7 make it more compelling for users. They obviously improved performance. They improved certain things in terms of management memory so the experience for users will be much more, kind of compelling," said Annette Jump of Gartner Research.

"When we started Vista, the development, we had a big vision and then we shipped a product where perhaps the vision was a little bit ahead of the product. Today, we really built a product with the consumers and based on the feedback. We feel like the product might actually be ahead of the perception. And that's a good thing," said the vice president of Microsoft Consumer and Online Media in Europe, John Mangelaars. "So we feel very comfortable that that this is a product that's much better connected with consumers than Vista was."

Market-watchers are betting on further recovery of computer sales next year, as the economy improves and businesses replace old machines, but opinion remains divided on how strong the impact of Windows 7 will be.

8. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i started using windows 7 3 days back, its very cool , all the annoying features like UAC in vista are gone , it is saving me a lot of time , and just dont compare with vista ,this has a whole new approach using .net framework!

just use it for ur self to believe it

thanks

9. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows 7, the most-awaited OS of 2009 has beaten the latest Harry Potter novel and even the popular game console Nintendo Wii to become the highest grossing pre-order product ever on the UK online retailer Amazon.co.uk.

According to a top Amazon executive, pre-orders of Windows 7 has even superseded those of its predecessors Windows Vista and Windows XP combined and the only item to register higher advance orders than Windows 7 in the past quarter is The Lost Symbol, the latest in Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code series.

More @ International Business Times

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't used Windows 7 myself, but I have read great reports about it. I won't be upgrading until I buy a new PC. There isn't much to be gained from upgrading from a version of Windows that is working well with your current PC set up and installed software, to something that could result in some compatibility issues, in my opinion.

11. Little_Girl

Little_Girl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have read about this operating system. Just waiting to see if it will work better than XP. Because you know experience with VISTA is not good at all.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Similar Windows 7 threads merged!

13. sunway0924

sunway0924
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am still suffering from the vista in my laptop and getting used to its "slowly great OS"!
    Any brighter ideal does Win7 come up with?
    Looking forward to switching to faster OS:mad:

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

sunway0924 Windows 7 is reportedly much quicker than Vista, so your laptop should run much quicker when you install Windows 7 on it.

15. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bad Audio.... :(

16. PneumaticTubes

PneumaticTubes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows 7 is a lot better than Win Vista. It's cool! What my problem now with win7 is that there are some softwares that are still compatible with win7. That is why I go back to WIn XP instead. :)

17. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd seen a video of using Microsoft Windows 7.

It's very fast and at the same time has some interactive features added too. Once again, the design and graphic is much more improved in it.

18. eddane

eddane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've found it to be the best version of windows that I have ever used!!

Ed

19. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started using Windows 7 4 months back..... I find it cool and faster than vista.....
    Still I want to say that Windows XP is more user friendly......

20. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Been using Windows Vista for a long time, have also worked on Windows XP platform, but Windows 7 is just a way different. It's amazing and I like it!

However, another innovation is on the run. Anyone heard about Windows 8?

Source : http://mashable.com/2010/02/11/windows-8/