Opinions On Social Chatroom

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Keity, May 15, 2015.

1. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi mate,

I would like to know your opinion. I have launched a new website and I need social chatroom for it. I asked some of my friends what they are using for their websites. They have recommended myself to use chatwing chatroom. It's has many more features so that I might interested to use this like- banned users, delete message, redesign, changing font, lot's of uses at a time. The more details is here http://www.chatwing.com/site/faq. Even private message is possible to receive and send.

So what do you think am I right?

#1 Keity, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although it has a lot of desirable features, I am troubled about a few things. The only way to contact the company on the website is by email, and there is no contact information on WHOIS when I search for the domain. There is also no support on the website itself, other than FAQs. Before using the software, I would want to know more about the company itself, and I would like to see better support.

3. rosario1991

rosario1991
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually i received a monthly newsletter about new features and they provied a support contact phone number in that, i originally learned about chatwing from using it on MTV.com website so i assume it is very credible because of that. However i did take your suggestion and emailed them a question about the service in general and they replied within a hour, so with that i am quite impressed so far.

4. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They sound good on paper but if MTV uses them they must have a little bit of a reputation. Search some more reviews. Never hurts to research a company you are about to give some money to.

5. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that one should research well before venturing into something. Especially when money is involved, you need to do a thorough research and weigh all options before investing! Good Luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have same opinion like you @MahaKarthi. Yes before going ahead for anything need to know well about that one. But the happy news is that now chatwing has added more extra features which is definitely fantastic. Plz let me know if you need more info about chatwing. I might help you here.

7. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey guys i will give a quick update about my experience using Chatwing so far.

1. most important, my users are very satisifed with it.

2. it has been working really smooth and feels great to have a cloud chat and not rely on servers and hosting anymore.

3. the Chatwing android and iOS app have been a great way for myself and moderators to keep control of the chat and get alerts when their is new activity.

4. my users also use the chatwing apps so they can stay connected to my website chats

5. the chat has helped increase the number of visitors and also the amount of time they spend on my website.

6. as far as pricing chatwing is by far the best value on the web, i pay $11.20 per month for unlimited usage in my chat, on other chat services they limit usage for say 250 users will cost you $50 per month. Chatwing also has a free version that let's you have unlimited usage too which is really nice just lacks a couple features i wanted like uploading my logo and hiding the chatwing name.

conclusion, give Chatwing a try if your looking for a chat room to put on your website it's perfect.