Opinions on new website design greatly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by quarta, Oct 19, 2013.

?

new website design or old one?

1. Old design- not mobile friendly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. new design-html5 responsive mobile friendly, content needs finishing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. quarta

quarta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone, recently started an electrical apprenticeship at the company and they were being grossly overcharged for webhosting. I am trying to decide whether to change the web design or not.

The old site uses flash animations, and is not mobile friendly

I have made a very rough draft from a new html5 responsive template, looks great on desktop tablet or cellphone.

could you tell me which one you prefer? My boss still currently likes his old site, but I believe it's the "flashy moving things" that he likes more than anything.

#1 Old site http://www.rogersservices.ca

#2 new site http://www.rogersservices.ca/new/

thanks in advance for any input!

2. Gomage

Gomage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first design variant is wonderful, because it seems more modern and the roaring letters catch your attention. But the only thing is that these letters are roaring too fast and you have to spend much time to understand what it means there, for example, I am a visitor, who comes to your site by chance. I can't be so patient and wait until I get the sense of the roaring letters. So, I advise to do it a bit slower. The rest of the site is brillient! Great Idea!

3. mollysmith047

mollysmith047
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer the new design. It is much more user-friendly. It doesn't contain big amounts of text and it's easier to read. The new design is definitely better!

4. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Gomage, the new design is better, except for the font. Play around with different fonts and make sure it is easier to read for your visitors.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally liked your old design as it is much managed. The old page is also less in length / height. I find things in detail in your old site. However, the new design is not that bad. You can implement as you like for the new look of your site.

6. ajaniabu

ajaniabu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can go with new design

7. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the homepage on your website. It looks very professional and eye-catching. As far as the "services" page you may want to add photos, or a slideshow of the services you offer. Pictures draw people in, and it can also show people the quality of work you produce.

8. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can't access the second link, giving 404 error, first site's header is pretty simple as compare to the rest of the design, as the first glance would really matters to me so you should work to make more eye catching.