Opening a call center for my business.

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by J_Liu, May 15, 2017.

1. J_Liu

J_Liu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi!

I'd like to have a phone support option for my business. I'm currently using social media as my main source to generate customers but I'm no longer able to manage it myself and most of my customers ask for a number to call instead. I'm not sure what kind of equipment or tools I need to sync everything.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional links are not permitted in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    It looks like you're expanding your business and since there's a growing demand of customers wanting to talk over the phone rather than through social media channels, it makes sense to dive into that communication channel. However, an article from Forrester is hinting (based on statistics) that customers prefer self-service options rather than dialing a sales/customer service support number. It also mentions that customers don't call unless they have a serious problem with the product or services you offer.

If you're planning to open a phone line so prospect/customers can reach you, by all means, do it. For equipment, you can use a physical phone or if you prefer clutter-free desks, make use of PBXs or VoIPs. I'm guessing you already have a CRM in place. When syncing your systems together (phone, email, SMS, chat), it's best to utilize a CTI tool like Tenfold so your team can stay productive, and not worry about administrative tasks. CTIs allows businesses to work on every single task, using a unified dashboard where back-office processes can also be performed.

• Like Like x 2
    #2 Brooke Harper, May 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
  3. Will Turner

Will Turner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know you were mostly asking about what equipment you need to set it up yourself, but another option I would suggest is outsourcing it to begin with. I suggest this for a few reasons
    a) much cheaper setup costs for you
    b) less time involved for you to set it up and manage it
    c) can be cheaper because you aren't paying the wage of someone to answer the calls.

There are certain pay-per-call services out there so you can know that you are only paying spending money on a customer that has genuine interest in your product.

Get a few quotes - Some have setup fees while other's dont and pay per call or per minute of the call.
    They can speak from a script that you design (I recommend this) so they sound exactly like they're from your company.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J_Liu

J_Liu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas about this. I'll have these in mind. I'm looking to shop by next week and hopefully launch it by next month. Wish me luck. I'll update you soon with which solution I'll go with and give you ideas how it turned out for me. Thanks again!

5. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In case your business is growing you will require starting a call center only social media won’t work. Determine whether you want to do inbound calls, outbound calls, telemarketing, or web-enabled. If you're looking to start a phone line so panorama/clients can reach you, by all means, then go ahead.

6. Jeff Rodburg

Jeff Rodburg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are companies that offer "call center solutions" and provide the whole setup. You also need to think about phone setup (physical/vitrual), ticketing systems, CRM (essential), etc. It would take time choosing the appropriate software to integrate everything you need at the same time it should not cause any strain in your budget. Hoping to hear from you soon!

7. Nessem Degen

Nessem Degen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, communication is a must. Most of the client depend on it.
    Not just email most of the time verbal is most efficient.