Opening a bank a/c

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by TimeRider, Jun 3, 2008.

1. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My June Goal is to open a Bank account. Hopefully, I will deposit some of my personal money in it and the money I earn in it.

This will save my money and keep my money safe too. Plus I may earn some money from the bank as Interest.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goal devilbatista. Do you need to make an appointment with the bank or can you just drop in?

Have you scheduled a time in your diary for visiting the bank?

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

devilbatista, I'd just like to let you know that there are now a lot of options available for you when you decide to open a Bank Account. Aside from the traditional Savings Account, you also have Internet Savings Accounts, Savings Accounts that also acts as a debit card, Savings Accounts that offer free checkbooks, Young Savings Accounts, etc.

You might want to check your banks' websites to first determine which kind of Savings Account that you like. You can also see where's the nearest branches in their websites.

When you've decided, you can call them up or just drop by their branches.

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, Thanks Fergal and Nazreen.

Yeah Fergal, I can just drop in the bank whenever I need to open a bank account. I visit Banks with my uncle like once a week.

Nazreen, Yes I am looking for that kind of bank. As it will be very much useful for me someone who uses Internet and earns some money. :)

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For Internet Savings Accounts, you have to check if they also allow you to do over-the-counter and ATM transactions. Some Internet Savings Accounts give you a very high interest but they'll also charge you very high service charges/fees when you transact over the counter.

Example of this is Maybank's iSAVvy Savings Account.

6. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always thought it is easy to open a bank account. I coming from Germany and there it's a matter of maybe 10 minutes.

Now that I'm in China I was shocked. Had to wait forever. Fill in so many forms. And had to give like ten signatures. Really bad. So enjoy your time at the bank :)

7. pankaj

pankaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice goal devilbatista. Hope for your success. Don't forget to share with us when you get a bank account ready. One of my goal is also to open a bank account. I think I need young savings account as I am under 18 years of age.

8. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

lol Hurvel2k, 10 signature is too bad. May be the policy in the china is strict. However it't not like that here.

Pankaj, Thanks. Yeah grow up and open a bank account.

9. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Devilbatista,

How old are you, if I can ask? My dad opened an account on my name during 2004. That is the year when I had my first earning :)