Online Remote Diagnosis Website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kguru1979, Aug 25, 2009.

1. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While I am working in my office with the software guys related to one bug in my developmental inputs I have given, I got struck up with a new idea. Its Online Remote Diagnosis.

A website can be created specifically for this.

Purpose:

The purpose of the website is to provide solutions to the customer in terms of two aspects.

1. Solution to the existing problems they are facing in their software modules.
    2. New developments (like new software solutions) to the required customers.

Both can be of different cost basis. Prices can be received from the solution seeker in terms of Paypal or any other familiar money transfer.

What the site should contain:

The site should get split into two categories in the initial loading itself.

Category 1: New solution seekers (New requirements)
    Category 2: Solution seekers for existing modules.

After splitting the webpage in the above categories, the sub categories for each of the above can be as follows.

Sub-Categories for New solution seekers:

1. HTML Template requirements for industry
    2. HTML Templates for Banking
    3. HTML Templates for other organizations.
    4. VB based small software for medium size business (Finance)
    5. VB based small software for medium size business (Production)
    6. VB based small software for medium size business (Inventory Control)

Sub-Categories for Solution seekers for existing modules:

1. HTML related solutions
    2. VB related solutions
    3. ASP related solutions
    4. Java related solutions
    5. Dot Net related solutions
    6. Solutions related to software performance

How the website should work?

Website should work based on Remote Diagnosis Software like Logmein

Step1: Customer who is facing a issue or requiring a new software will go through the relevant category as mentioned above.

Step2: He is post his requirements in a Contact Form.

Step3: After updating the contact information of the seeker, the diagnosis software setup should be downloaded by the seeker automatically (like downloading Logmein setup after updating the contact information)

Step4: Request of payment terms through Paypal or any other money transfer system which is integrated to the website.

Step4: Based on the requirements, the website owner (solution provider or we) to react by either provide a totally new solution (like new software) or rectification of issues in the existing software at the solution seeker (through remote diagnosis tool like Logmein)

Step5: Maintenance of the new software for the contract period (for example, 1 year) through Remote diagnosis using Logmein

Step5: Renewal of annual membership prices if any through the website itself.

The schematic is shown below to get more clarity..

View attachment 17

If a online business is developed in this concept, it will be totally automated in terms of providing new solutions and providing solutions to the existing issues. This will reduce the transit time between various steps totally since everything goes online.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us Guru. Is this a site you plan on developing yourself?

Would the service focus on particular software products or would it be applicable to all software?

3. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there is a team of software engineers, this service can be focused to almost all software platforms. I had a plan, but still finding little tough to start since I have to pay for engineers which is quite difficult for me to afford with.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Guru, would it be possible for you to keep your costs for hiring Engineers down by focusing on a specific software area and employing less of them?

Also have you considered hiring Engineers on a contract basis, hence avoiding the costs of full time salaries and all that entails?