Online Etiquette 101 – Social Networking Sites

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by GekiDan, Aug 7, 2010.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Netiquette (Internet ettiquette), is on it’s own unique to the online community you are participating in, be it a forum, a blog, a newsgroup or even just an IRC channel. Keeping in touch with our Filipino root’s and culture, it wouldn’t hurt and others certainly wouldn’t mind if you kept your manners. We’re known as a polite and hospitable people after all.

Continue reading: http://www.atmaxplorer.com/2010/08/online-etiquette-101-social-networking-sites/

I hope this will enlighten everyone what we supposed to do and cannot do online.

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good post! On not posting anything you'd not want others to see, you'd think that was commonsense but so many don't think twice about posting pics they should keep private. I read recently an article about a divorce lawyer. He said the first thing he does is scour Facebook and any online profiles of his client's spouse for evidence of wrongdoing, be it pleading poverty to them in one breath and talking about buying a boat on Facebook in the next, or anything that suggests an affair like excessive flirting.

He talked about one errant husband who was very careful to cover his affair with his secretary that his wife suspected. The secretary however wasn't so cautious and plastered pics of them together on a dirty weekend all over her own photo albums online.

People are dumb. Do you really want a potential employer to read that you partied all weekend until you threw up and slept with a stranger? Think before you type. It's very common for them to check up on you online nowadays. Use the privacy settings at least if you're going to behave like an idiot.

I had to chuckle at the last point on chain letters. I can't believe that people continue to be so superstitious about them! The chain stops with me if I get them and I'm still here. :)

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I always receive those on my email and sms back then. I used to believe in them when I first read one but I generally get tired of sending them over and over without anything happening. I just delete them upon sight.:D